Comics

Calax

Well, God must have known AND let him do it, otherwise god isn't omniscient and omnipotent ...

well god did abicate his throne in favor of lucifer (who promptly said screw it and made his own creation) in the events of Lucifer.

Not quite. He made his own creation before God abdicated. In doing so he proved himself God's worthy successor, and God abdicated. Problem was, Lucifer didn't want the job, and neither did Michael, so some demons and such got it in their mind to take over.

I like what they did with the girl. How she absorbed Michael's powers when she died and was therefore able to create her own creation, and she kept trying and trying to create a world where people wouldn't kill each other over their belief in her, that she eventually just said **** it, and stayed out of it.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't know where to buy those. Amazon.ca doesn't have them (I'm not paying the shipping and customs charges for Amazon.com) and the local Chapters doesn't carry comics (or at least not when I last looked).

I got mine today. The #0 isnt a comic at all but a sketchbook with artwork and a bit of background info.

Ive got a bad feeling about it though. I wont know until I read the first actual issue but it doesnt feel like Star Wars at all. The Yuzan Vong has completely mucked up the galaxy, the character design is too spaced out and.. well, I hope its better than it seems.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

In a statement, Marvel trumpeted the revelation as "arguably the most shocking event in comic book history."

yeah, no going back on that one, unless he invents a super-mass-effect-mind-altering-ray-that-subtracts-memories ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Preacher is a really cool comic.

Read the first two Hellblazer trades, trying to figure out which Swamp Thing trades are involved in the crossover at the end of trade one, and which one has Constantine's Origin/first appearance before buying more.

Read the first three Preacher trades, ording the last six with my next paycheck.

I have a problem.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Preacher is a really cool comic. 

Read the first two Hellblazer trades, trying to figure out which Swamp Thing trades are involved in the crossover at the end of trade one, and which one has Constantine's Origin/first appearance before buying more. 

Read the first three Preacher trades, ording the last six with my next paycheck. 

I have a problem.

Preacher is awesome. And if you like that, you like Ennis' run on Punisher, and possibly Goddess as well.

Also, the forementioned Lucifer is one of the best comics out there today as well. Though to be honest, the first half of the series was way better than the 2nd half.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can I pick up Ennis' run on Punisher in TPB form?

I believe so. First one is "Welcome Back Frank" I believe.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've got welcome back frank.. and it's available at your local book store or if you drive into my general vacinity I'll loan it to you Feng.

However it would appear that Wonder Woman was BOOTED from E3 because of the "booth babes" rules. Not entirly sure this is true as I saw it while browsing gamasutra.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What?

There are so many things wrong with that!

First, she's a super-hero. As in "not gratuitous t&a", actually the whole point (that just happens to look like gratuitous t&a).

Two, what about her super powers? no-one can truly keep her out, if she doesn't want it.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What?

There are so many things wrong with that!

First, she's a super-hero. As in "not gratuitous t&a", actually the whole point (that just happens to look like gratuitous t&a).

Two, what about her super powers? no-one can truly keep her out, if she doesn't want it.

I'm not entirly sure...

but as to her powers if a man binds her hands with metal then she's powerless... (law of aphrodite or sum such crap)

http://www.cracked.com/modules.php?op=modl...article&sid=484

enjoy... especially the part about magnetism.

KNEELBEFOREZOD!

And they do in epI of star wars... Terrence stamp (general Zod of superman 2) is Chancellor Valorum.

KNEELBEFOREZOD!

And they do in epI of star wars... Terrence stamp (general Zod of superman 2) is Chancellor Valorum.

It seems theres some sort of pesky natural born citizen clause or somesuch in your so-called constitution that prevents me from running in a legal presidential race... so I'll jjust have to do it the fun way and crush your puny armies under the boot of mighty Zod! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!.

There was a 1960s comic book character by the name of Captain Marvel (one of the half-dozen or so who've used the same name). This is the version you've never heard of: a short-lived character who, upon shouting his magic word "SPLIT!", could make his body divide up into pieces that operated independently:

split.jpg

:(

I guess there was some telekinesis involved, otherwise this Captain Marvel would just fall uselessly into a pile of limbs.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There was a 1960s comic book character by the name of Captain Marvel (one of the half-dozen or so who've used the same name). This is the version you've never heard of: a short-lived character who, upon shouting his magic word "SPLIT!", could make his body divide up into pieces that operated independently:

split.jpg

:)

I guess there was some telekinesis involved, otherwise this Captain Marvel would just fall uselessly into a pile of limbs.

or run jump "split" hit the ground between panels and bounce.

I also liked the telepathy

BTW my last post has 3 different links (one in each word)

Edited by Calax

The part about the only good superpowers being flight, strength, speed, and invisibility left one out. Probability control. The greatest power of all.

With Probability control you could have all those other 4 powers, and more. Because nothing is impossible, just improbable.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The part about the only good superpowers being flight, strength, speed, and invisibility left one out. Probability control. The greatest power of all.

With Probability control you could have all those other 4 powers, and more. Because nothing is impossible, just improbable.

:remembers the house of M parodies on Newgrounds:

Wanda: I don't want to fight you but I must prevent you from stopping magneto!

Cyclops: I don't want to fight but I've got to stop magneto

Wanda(uses powers and knocks a cup full of paperclips onto cyclops)

Cyclops: Ow My eye!

Jean: SCOTT!

Wanda uses powers

Jean: Eyelash EYELASH!

Wow, is Josh Whedon's Astonishing run good or what?

I mean, sheesh, he's nearly topping the grizzled veteran writers.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wow, is Josh Whedon's Astonishing run good or what?

I mean, sheesh, he's nearly topping the grizzled veteran writers.

"next time lets' build this place out of lego"

and of course colossus and kitty sleeping together.

So, Spider-man is finally revealing his true identity to the whole world, going public.

Does anybody else think they're gonna retcon this out of existence twenty issues from now?

probably... if it doesn't go over well with the fans.

well his main reason for keeping it secret was so no one would harm Mary Jane or Aunt May, now that they're both living in the avengers building, maybe he figures they're safe. Not that it really matters with Aunt May, she's just a clone anyway.

Devastatorsig.jpg