Comics

Calax

Wow... the Supreme Power version of the Joker is messed up.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I took a trip to Stockholm over the weekend and I went to some 1337 comic shops(and the modern art museum) whereI picked up this wicked book called "lore" by Ashley Wood and TP Luoise

IDW_LORE1.jpg

Wood is the same guy who drew "Automatic Kafka" so its very trippy and cool. And as with A-K, I cant really tell you what its about.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

the San Diego Comic Con is coming up... THinking about going with our boy jim

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was a little more shocked by the lack of acting ability portrayed by Brandon Routh. Hopefully in the movie he doesn't deliver his lines like a robot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Ive just read:

The_Authority_Human_on_the_Inside_800x600.jpg

The 8 first issues and I fail to see what so good about it. Its just a completely ordinary superhero comicbook like the ones that has existed for 50 years, only slightly updated.

Am I missing something here? It doesnt even have any interesting character interactions or drama.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oooo. Looks good; I like K-Pax as Lex Luthor.

I don't like Luthor as a spoiled child.

I like Luthor as a cold calculating genius with a touch of ego.

superfriends_luthor.jpg

"What about when I had jet boots and this pimpin purple jumpsuit?"

The 8 first issues and I fail to see what so good about it. Its just a completely ordinary superhero comicbook like the ones that has existed for 50 years, only slightly updated.

Am I missing something here? It doesnt even have any interesting character interactions or drama.

It was supposed to be good?

Plum is well known for it's ability to instill fear into do-gooders

It was supposed to be good?

Plum is well known for it's ability to instill fear into do-gooders

Back during the gold/silver age (precrisis anyway) Luthors ENTIRE motivation to kill Superman was...

SUPERMAN MADE HIM LOOSE HIS HAIR! IN A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT!

Thus he built himself wierd gadgets AND pink jetboots to try and take on Superman...

Guy is a posterboy for rogain.

Ive just read:

The_Authority_Human_on_the_Inside_800x600.jpg

Which run did you read?

You have to start in Stormwatch, its where the book got its start. Read Warren Ellis' entire run on Stormwatch, then the first two trades of The Authority. The Ellis/Hitch run was vastly superior to the Miller/Quitely run. And not just because Bryan Hitch is a good artist and someone should go back in time to kill Frank Quitely before he could ever put a pencil to paper. The Authority was I believe the first group of heroes to be proactive rather than responsive. The whole point behind them was that most superheroes were basically bandages to the problem. Some villain would launch an attack, and they'd respond. The Authority decided to be a cure rather than a bandage. If a villain kept causing problems, they'd kill him. If it was a whole country causing problems, they'd kill the whole government and keep watch on the country until it got back in shape. I believe at one point they actually took over the US believing a Regime Change would help fix their meddling ways.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Which run did you read?

You have to start in Stormwatch, its where the book got its start. Read Warren Ellis' entire run on Stormwatch, then the first two trades of The Authority. The Ellis/Hitch run was vastly superior to the Miller/Quitely run. And not just because Bryan Hitch is a good artist and someone should go back in time to kill Frank Quitely before he could ever put a pencil to paper. The Authority was I believe the first group of heroes to be proactive rather than responsive. The whole point behind them was that most superheroes were basically bandages to the problem. Some villain would launch an attack, and they'd respond. The Authority decided to be a cure rather than a bandage. If a villain kept causing problems, they'd kill him. If it was a whole country causing problems, they'd kill the whole government and keep watch on the country until it got back in shape. I believe at one point they actually took over the US believing a Regime Change would help fix their meddling ways.

I couldnt find any stormwatch. As I said Ive read issue #1-8 of "The Authority" which were written by Ellis. In the first 1-4 they battle this Chinese dude called Gamorra and his army of cloned supermen, in #5-8 they battle an invasiona army from an alternate earth timeline.

Pretty basic stuff. And they were not pro-active; the villains attacked, they hit back.

The main reason why I dont like it is because not once during these eight issues was there any type of social interaction between the characters and almost no background stuff. I need to have a bit of "soap-opera" drama in my superhero comics, just beating up villains doesnt do it for me.

Kaftan doesn't like mainstream stuff... as a rule it seems.

No, Im not a snob. I like plenty of mainstream stuff like X-Men or Star wars.

Which run did you read?

I couldnt find any stormwatch. As I said Ive read issue #1-8 of "The Authority" which were written by Ellis. In the first 1-4 they battle this Chinese dude called Gamorra and his army of cloned supermen, in #5-8 they battle an invasiona army from an alternate earth timeline.

Pretty basic stuff. And they were not pro-active; the villains attacked, they hit back.

The main reason why I dont like it is because not once during these eight issues was there any type of social interaction between the characters and almost no background stuff. I need to have a bit of "soap-opera" drama in my superhero comics, just beating up villains doesnt do it for me.

Kaftan doesn't like mainstream stuff... as a rule it seems.

No, Im not a snob. I like plenty of mainstream stuff like X-Men or Star wars.

Try the comic Outsiders. plety of soap opera stuff (one of the male leads is essencially a **** with a Y hormone). Even has Shift (a guy who can turn his boy into ANYTHING) sleeping with a android female (you gotta see it to understand.)

Try the comic Outsiders. plety of soap opera stuff (one of the male leads is essencially a **** with a Y hormone). Even has Shift (a guy who can turn his boy into ANYTHING) sleeping with a android female (you gotta see it to understand.)

A dude with a boy who can turn into anything? Sounds kinky. Alright, Ill just "go down to the store" and "buy" a couple of issues right now ;)"

SAY NO TO DCP!

To be honest thats what revived my interest in comics and makes me buy them.

Same here. Without them I would have spent all my money on DVDs and music istead of buying these wicked hardcover TPB's when I went to Stockholm over the weekend. :devil:

The only annoying thing is that most of them still dont know how to use a scanner properly:

page3.jpg

Luke isnt supposed to look like a tomato in the face :lol:" And this colour-correction problem is prominent in 90% of scanned comics

• 2 weeks later...