Comics

Calax

It was "Are you retarded, I'm the goddamn Batman!"

:D

That reminds me of that one episode of Batman: TAS where Penguin's goons were shooting at the Batmobile and Robin gives Batman this "WTF" look and Batman says "They must be new"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Donno about red son (only skimmed it) but my favorite batman in terms of termperament was the one from Justice league on TV... In the comics he's become to much like the ultimates nick fury.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

finially got Invincible tpb's 1-3. It's really good.

I really liked

Mom:"so how was your day?"

Mark:"I found out my physics teacher was turning people into living bombs to get back at a society that forced his son to kill himself. He also turned himself into one and was about to detonate but I was able to take him to antartica before he exploded keeping civilian casualties to a minimum."

Dad(omniman): "I just spent the last eight months in an alternet dimention where time works differently so it seemed like alot less out here. I was a slave and led a revolt against our captors regained my powers and just yesterday some rebellion scientists found a way to send me back to my home"

Mom: "that's nice. Pass the potato's."

finially got Invincible tpb's 1-3. It's really good.

I really liked

Mom:"so how was your day?"

Mark:"I found out my physics teacher was turning people into living bombs to get back at a society that forced his son to kill himself. He also turned himself into one and was about to detonate but I was able to take him to antartica before he exploded keeping civilian casualties to a minimum."

Dad(omniman): "I just spent the last eight months in an alternet dimention where time works differently so it seemed like alot less out here. I was a slave and led a revolt against our captors regained my powers and just yesterday some rebellion scientists found a way to send me back to my home"

Mom: "that's nice. Pass the potato's."

I love Invincible. Its a parody of superhero comics, while being one of the best superhero comics out there. I love how Robot has that permanent grin, yet when he's sad his eyes get all droopy.

Devastatorsig.jpg

wheee! I got justice league season one for my b-day I'm SO HAPPY!

also, in one of the she hulk comics I've picked up recently they have a scene where howard the duck chews out a George Lucas looka alike over the fact that "lucas" was supposed to give the duck a trilogy and a prequel trilogy ;)

Edited by Calax

the exact quote:

It's right here in my contract, you pathetic hack! You promised me a TRILOGY! AND PREQUELS!
Edited by Calax

Nice. I need to watch Howard the Duck again. It scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can anyone recommend another book by Alex Ross than "Kingdom Come" and "Marvels?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

theres Shazam! and Superman: peace on earth. but other than that most of his art is done primarily on comission (like a single painting) or it's in a collection of only art.

Ross usually only does covers but there are a few TPBs where he does all the artwork.

There's that Earth X, Universe X series. The story there is pretty long winded and boring.

There is a coffee table book about the the different looks of Superman - golden age, silver age etc. (It might be Peace on Earth as mentioned by Calax)

A Justice League book where they have to control some disease in Africa.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Edited by Surreptishus

Ross usually only does covers but there are a few TPBs where he does all the artwork.

There's that Earth X, Universe X series. The story there is pretty long winded and boring.

There is a coffee table book about the the different looks of Superman - golden age, silver age etc. (It might be Peace on Earth as mentioned by Calax)

A Justice League book where they have to control some disease in Africa.

Thats all I can think of right now.

I liked the Earth X, Universe X, Paradise X series. It was a neat take on the future of the marvel universe.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Speaking of Dark Horse, their new big Star Wars line "Legacy" is premiering May 31th with a #0 edition. Its the series that will take place in the uncharted timeline of one century after "New Jedi Academy". So no Yuzzan-Vong, and the writers will not be restricted by official SW canon because there is none for that era.

starwarslegacy.jpg

Issue #1 cover

Obviously, its about a hot Twi'lek Sith chick and lighsabers :blink:"

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

:D :blink:

A must-have for sure.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:D :lol:

A must-have for sure.

The tragic thing is that is pretty much the case for me. "Star Wars: Republic" got me hooked like a squirrel on crack and so just thinking about more of the same goodness makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside.

Not to mention that Star Wars hit me at that precise moment in my childhood that ensured that it got lodged in the reptile brain. If I hear the sound effects or see a lightsaber, I just become instantly happy and at peace with myself.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

I read fourty webcomics. Does that count for anything?

not really.

on a superman note... When he gets ticked off enough to curse your gonna die.... (he went up against darkseid after darkie "killed" the new supergirl... said "shut the hell up!" and knocked darksied up to near the sun thus supercharging himself. by supercharge I mean able to turn a god inside out.)

Anyone reading Daredevil recently?

How ****ing amazingly good is it right now. Is there a more underappreciated book?

yes.... Supreme Power

and btw... supreme power's little extras (nighthawk, doc spectrum, the blur, and hyperion) are all going to come out in trade paperback form in a few months. And the max team officially went to Squadron supreme.

Speaking of Dark Horse, their new big Star Wars line "Legacy" is premiering May 31th with a #0 edition. Its the series that will take place in the uncharted timeline of one century after "New Jedi Academy". So no Yuzzan-Vong, and the writers will not be restricted by official SW canon because there is none for that era.

starwarslegacy.jpg

Issue #1 cover

Obviously, its about a hot Twi'lek Sith chick and lighsabers :)"

Obviously drawn by someone who didn't realize that Darth Maul had the crazy tattoos because he was Zabrak, not because he was Sith.

Devastatorsig.jpg