Ask the Gothic 3 devs!

Morgoth

This game makes me hawt! :wub:

It does. :wub:

Thanks for the links.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't think I have any questions, other than 'When is the game going to be released?'. Looks very good, and hopefully it won't kill my video card like the last one. :wub:

Also check out some new G3 screenshots.

Are those people? Kinda hard to see the people. Maybe it's easier when they're moving?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm not so sure about those screenshots. Some evil tongues claimed that those shots were directly taken from the editor, not ingame.... who knows.

But I know for sure that Jannuary was a big milestone for Piranha, because they told that they implemented a completely new lighting system, have now motion captured combat, doing the final score mix (Taikos for the orcs, also some famous female opera singer was recorded...don't know the exact name anymore), ans so on.... so, things are coming together now.

Ahh, one other bad thing I heard: The biggest city in G3 should only be half size of Khorinis (city) from G2.

Edited by Morgoth

Khorinis was a wee too big anyway. Seriously, those docks. Who needs them? I don't mind the new size a bit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Khorinis was a wee too big anyway. Seriously, those docks. Who needs them? I don't mind the new size a bit.

Gah, you're kidding, right? Khorinis was okey dokey for an island village, but in G3 (Main land) I expect something gigantic, a city full of life, culture and people. Half the size would be a disappointment.

I'm not kidding. Hidden valleys and windswept lone mountain fortresses, with the odd rural farming hamlet here and there has always been my vision of Gothic. And anyway, I imagine the biggest human fotress/capitol is under siege by orcs, and this time there are no discarded battering rams :wub: , so the obligatory wet G3-fan dreams of a city the scale of Athkathla can probably be discarded.

kirottu said:

Eh, why not? I'll hope for bigger towns too.

I hope that at least the dungeons are big. :D

kirottu said:

Hooray! Another inane and extremely generic german RPG! :wub:)

how about..

• Being able to create your own character
  • Not having a story so dumb and generic that it could have been lifted from an 80s platform game
  • NPC's that are actually interesting
  • Removing MMORPG elements like being forced to grind random critters for hours without end to be powerful enough to progress the story
  • Less fancy graphics and more substance

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Will it have some pointless technical achievement gamewise and the voice of a movie star mostly known for working on movie adaptations of a geek license?

No, this is not Oblivion. The Piranhas never raved around about some silly engine features. About the movie star: Unlikely, because movie stars are expensive, and mostly non professional. Again, this is not Oblivion.

Hooray! Another inane and extremely generic german RPG! :wub:)

how about..

• Being able to create your own character

• Not having a story so dumb and generic that it could have been lifted from an 80s platform game

• NPC's that are actually interesting

• Removing MMORPG elements like being forced to grind random critters for hours without end to be powerful enough to progress the story

• Less fancy graphics and more substance

You pretty much seem to despise everything that isn't a BIS/Bioware clone, huh?

Ok, Kaftan, you have explicitly expressed your dislike about everything regarding Gothic over and over again. Why on earth do you come into a thread about Gothic 3 (which isn't even released yet) and start raving about how bad it will be?

Myself, I'm composing a letter to the Piranha Bytes fellows.. it's already two pages long :wub:)

Edit: *STORMS IN*

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

YES! Swedes at their throats! :D

Go mkreku!

kirottu said:

I only asked six questions, mostly about technical aspects and game engine improvements. I figured they'd be most likely to answer such questions, as opposed to in game content and story questions.

Yes, of course. I also asked about the size of the inevitable elf boobies and if soil erosion would be a part of the main quest.

Personally, I think Morgoth is a corporate plant, but the game does look rather cool.  Do you need to play Gothic 1 to enjoy Gothic 2?  I'm thinking about picking one of them up.

Get them both, Gothic is a good game despite somewhat akward controls but they aren't as bad as some people here tries to make it. I really like the atmosphere in the first Gothic as you struggle to survive in a penal colony while clawing your way up in the ranks in the three different camps. Gothic 2 loses a lot of that atmosphere and becomes more "standard" fantasy fare but it's still a good game. Just a warning though, if you get the Gold edition of Gothic 2 you'd better know that it has a really high difficulty curve.

Gothic is one hell of a game, but I'm afraid it might not have aged too well. It also has a weird control scheme that many people have problems getting used to.

I can highly recommend Gothic 2 Gold though. It contains the original game and the (extremely good) expansion in one pack. Great value for money. I have logged 80+ hours so far in Gothic 2 Gold (playing it right now) and I'm on the final island (probably 1-3 hours left of the game) so don't expect a Jade Empire stroll. If you're easily frustrated by difficult games, then Gothic 2 Gold might not be for you. There's no hand-holding, no safety ropes and no mercy shown in this game. You'll get beat up by farmers, by farmer's wives and by every odd creature that comes your way. But if you'll persevere you'll grow up to be an orc slayer that can single handedly take down a dragon. Great stuff!

Oh, and Gothic 2 Gold has pirates! Yarr! :p)

Edit: Doh! Gee, thanks, Berserk, for making my post look like a copycat clone! :D

Edited by mkreku

Gothic is one hell of a game, but I'm afraid it might not have aged too well. It also has a weird control scheme that many people have problems getting used to.

I can highly recommend Gothic 2 Gold though. It contains the original game and the (extremely good) expansion in one pack. Great value for money. I have logged 80+ hours so far in Gothic 2 Gold (playing it right now) and I'm on the final island (probably 1-3 hours left of the game) so don't expect a Jade Empire stroll. If you're easily frustrated by difficult games, then Gothic 2 Gold might not be for you. There's no hand-holding, no safety ropes and no mercy shown in this game. You'll get beat up by farmers, by farmer's wives and by every odd creature that comes your way. But if you'll persevere you'll grow up to be an orc slayer that can single handedly take down a dragon. Great stuff!

Oh, and Gothic 2 Gold has pirates! Yarr! :p)

Edit: Doh! Gee, thanks, Berserk, for making my post look like a copycat clone!  :D

I aim to please..