The Chosen One

Dark_Raven

What if instead of being assumed that the PC did something evil and must now atone, what if the PC is confronted with aspects of him which simply made different decisions? Say the PC somehow has aspects of him, shades, pieces of his being, which have manifested across a gameworld without his knowledge and did many things, but eventually he finds out about this and has a chance to judge them.

Sounds a bit like Torment.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

How about this:

You're charged with the wellbeing of a child. This child was given into your care at a young age and you are responsible for his rearing and education. As the game progresses, in truly epic fashion, your decisions reflect the characteristics, abilities, and, at least to some extent, the attributes of the child. As he approaches adulthood, you discover that the young man has some truly remarkable characteristics. You are thrown into [insert main plot and backstory here] and you fight like hell to keep the kid alive. ...Or perhaps you sell him out and get a hefty reward. Whatever the case, the kid is the "chosen one" if there is a chosen one at all. Perhaps he's just one of those special people. At any rate, the primary ending results in a period of calm. Then you can make a sequel in which you are the kid as an adult. Your former player character is now an NPC. That way you can exploit the franchise for what it's worth.

I dunno. I'm sure someone's done it before, but it's an idea at least.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

hahahaha You'd better get to working fast then.

Seriously, though, I've never considered a career in game design, so you're pretty safe.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What if instead of being assumed that the PC did something evil and must now atone, what if the PC is confronted with aspects of him which simply made different decisions? Say the PC somehow has aspects of him, shades, pieces of his being, which have manifested across a gameworld without his knowledge and did many things, but eventually he finds out about this and has a chance to judge them.

Sounds a bit like Torment.

Ewwww :wub:

I dunno.  I'm sure someone's done it before, but it's an idea at least.

So a raising sim. Yeah, it's been done before.

My whole idea simplified and restated in four words. I hate you! :Eldar's glaring icon:

Obsidian Plays

How about this:

You're charged with the wellbeing of a child.  This child was given into your care at a young age and you are responsible for his rearing and education.  As the game progresses, in truly epic fashion, your decisions reflect the characteristics, abilities, and, at least to some extent, the attributes of the child.  As he approaches adulthood, you discover that the young man has some truly remarkable characteristics.  You are thrown into [insert main plot and backstory here] and you fight like hell to keep the kid alive.  ...Or perhaps you sell him out and get a hefty reward.  Whatever the case, the kid is the "chosen one" if there is a chosen one at all.  Perhaps he's just one of those special people.  At any rate, the primary ending results in a period of calm.  Then you can make a sequel in which you are the kid as an adult.  Your former player character is now an NPC.  That way you can exploit the franchise for what it's worth.

Play Gorion in the BG prequels? That could be interesting.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

How about this:

You're charged with the wellbeing of a child.  This child was given into your care at a young age and you are responsible for his rearing and education.  As the game progresses, in truly epic fashion, your decisions reflect the characteristics, abilities, and, at least to some extent, the attributes of the child.  As he approaches adulthood, you discover that the young man has some truly remarkable characteristics.  You are thrown into [insert main plot and backstory here] and you fight like hell to keep the kid alive.  ...Or perhaps you sell him out and get a hefty reward.  Whatever the case, the kid is the "chosen one" if there is a chosen one at all.  Perhaps he's just one of those special people.  At any rate, the primary ending results in a period of calm.  Then you can make a sequel in which you are the kid as an adult.  Your former player character is now an NPC.  That way you can exploit the franchise for what it's worth.

Play Gorion in the BG prequels? That could be interesting.

:blink:

WELL THIS IS A GOOD IDEA :o

OMG, just think of it to save Imoen and the main char of BG! :lol:

Having lot of adventures together with Elminster! :D

Yup, a reaaaly good idea!!! :*

IB1OsQq.png

I was going to link to the exact same thing. PM was a nifty concept.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You such by default.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Good thing I'm not sane then.

kirottu said: