Dark Side Canon

Well perhaps they will make a Knights of the New Republic Series set something like 33 years after the events of Return of the Jedi...Perhaps your character as a darksider could get the opportunity to kill the legendary Master Luke Skywalker himself and become the most powerful Dark Lord of all time.

I believe that GL has specifically said NOT to kill certain characters. (being that he'd loose money from angry fans not buying the comics/books)

Yeah, originally Luke was ment to be killed in Yuuzhan Vong war, but GL denied it. So it was Chewie.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I believe that GL has specifically said NOT to kill certain characters. (being that he'd loose money from angry fans not buying the comics/books)

I believe it's supposed to put the big three (Luke, Han, Leia) as untouchables.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No, because there's something called continuity, my friend.  And since KOTOR is part of the SW storyline, they have to make it so the Jedi actually survive.  :p

Not really. Think about it like this: Even if you slay all the masters that you find, a DS character would have to spend all their remaining life searching the Galaxy to make sure that all traces of Light-side teachings were destroyed, else the Jedi could hide out, much like the Sith actually do according to the Prequels. Even then, an enterprising student could accidentally rediscover everything that you thought was destroyed, rendering all your efforts useless.

Not really. Think about it like this: Even if you slay all the masters that you find, a DS character would have to spend all their remaining life searching the Galaxy to make sure that all traces of Light-side teachings were destroyed, else the Jedi could hide out, much like the Sith actually do according to the Prequels. Even then, an enterprising student could accidentally rediscover everything that you thought was destroyed, rendering all your efforts useless.

DS ending ends with the Jedi pretty much wiped out. The games would have to find some way to make the Jedi come back strong. It'd be long, difficult and pointless to try and write around it. :wub: And as I've said before, it's part of the SW storyline, so they have to stick with something that doesn't contradict it.

They have close to 4000 years.  They have tons of time

Why go through the trouble? The Republic never collapsed until Darth Sidious took over anyway, so a DS ending would be a direct contradiction of the storyline. And seriously, who cares if it's canon or not? You can still choose the DS ending for the games. If you like it better that way, fine. But if you really get that upset over it not being canon...you really need to get a life. :shifty: (and I'm not referring to you specifically, just people in general)

Edited by Mothman