NHL

Fionavar

Seeing Rem Murray all teared up on the bench was really sad. If there's any justice in this world ( although after tonight...) two things will happen : First of all Rem will pick up the Bill Masterson award for dedication for hockey. Then after that all of his Oiler teammates should pitch in to help him pay off his insurance settlement.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Some of you have received more personal wishes, but let me say to you Oilers lot as a whole that I feel your pain. Because of you guys, I was pulling for the team, but it was not meant to be. Still, whip 'em next season!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I feel sad, angry and happy the slaughter is over, all at the same time.

I'm not sure what game you watched, Frenchie, but a three one game isn't really a slaughter. And when one of those is scored into an empty net with less than two minutes left, does that mean Carolina was running up the score?

Ah well, you know what, the world kept turning today even though the Oilers lost. I've been keeping to myself at work today so as not to listen to everybodies opinions on the game.

Better luck next year, Oilers!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm not sure what game you watched, Frenchie, but a three one game isn't really a slaughter. And when one of those is scored into an empty net with less than two minutes left, does that mean Carolina was running up the score?

Ah well, you know what, the world kept turning today even though the Oilers lost. I've been keeping to myself at work today so as not to listen to everybodies opinions on the game.

It was a slaughter of Oilers because Carolina completely dominated from start to finish. Carolina played a Stanley Cup Final game and the Oilers looked like they were on another planet. It was sad.

You sure the world kept turning, I could have sworn it stopped this afternoon for a little while. Seemed as if the sun had stopped moving, and the clocks were slowing down. Curiously enough this was around 2:30. On another note, I'm done school now except for my final exams.

With regards to the game, I have to agree with Astro. Carolina showed up for the full sixty minutes. Edmonton was only really there for the last twenty and by the time that happened it was too late. :blink:

Carolina may have dominated most parts of the play, like hitting, skating, passing and goaltending, but that still doesn't mean Edmonton was slaughtered. A slaughter would have been a rout of like 8-2 or something along those lines.

I'll admit that Carolina was the better team last night. But only last night.

Remember kids, dominating is different than slaughtering.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Carolina may have dominated most parts of the play, like hitting, skating, passing and goaltending, but that still doesn't mean Edmonton was slaughtered.  A slaughter would have been a rout of like 8-2 or something along those lines.

I'll admit that Carolina was the better team last night.  But only last night.

That's what I meant. I was agreeing with domination portion rather than the slaughter. It was no where near a slaughter. :thumbsup:

Carolina may have dominated most parts of the play, like hitting, skating, passing and goaltending, but that still doesn't mean Edmonton was slaughtered.  A slaughter would have been a rout of like 8-2 or something along those lines.

I'll admit that Carolina was the better team last night.  But only last night.

Ok they were dominated by Carolina. <_<

You know, I signed up for the Oilers 'Pipeline' service as a chance to score minipacks and possibly get on the list for playoff tickets ( I know I'm getting ahead of myself here). I see a 'Special Offer on tickets' header in my inbox. I get excited, open it up, but it's tickets to see Elton John instead. :wub:

This could be a long summer.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

A bit of gossip:

Jose Theodore, "new" goalie for Colorado, was just dumped by his wife, who gave birth to their first child 4 months ago and who's father is in jail for child abuse.

Theo, aka "The Jerk", was caught on camera smooshing Paris Hilton at a party a few nights ago.

Was she drunk? What am I saying, of course she was.

Does anyone know the date for the draft?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The draft happens this Saturday, Laozi.

Thanks, does anyone have a "project top ten" thingy?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

#1: Erik Johnson

2-5 are a tossup between Toews, Kessel, Backstrom, and Staal. After that, I'm not so sure.

The initial prognosis is that this draft isn't particularly deep. Though drafts are a crapshoot anyways, so we won't really know for a few years.