Kotor 2 storyline

Okay, I just finished the game. Judging from the general mood of most opinions, I gather I'm not the only one disappointed with the ending. However, beyond this, I just don't qiuite follow the whole "wound in the Force" thing. Was this just a badly executed tie-in due to the rushed release date, or am I just not getting it? How exactly did the Exile's subconcious choice to cut him/herslef off from the Force after Malachor V create all these new Sith that consume everything just by existing? And if so, how could the Exile possibly be Light Side if she possesses the ability to consume the Force? Also, I thought that destroying Traya would trigger some cataclismic galactic destruction thingy. I just don't get it. Is there something I can read that explains it? Help me please.

-=|Ouroboros|=-

Guest The Architect
Okay, I just finished the game.  Judging from the general mood of most opinions, I gather I'm not the only one disappointed with the ending.  However, beyond this, I just don't qiuite follow the whole "wound in the Force" thing.  Was this just a badly executed tie-in due to the rushed release date, or am I just not getting it?  How exactly did the Exile's subconcious choice to cut him/herslef off from the Force after Malachor V create all these new Sith that consume everything just by existing?  And if so, how could the Exile possibly be Light Side if she possesses the ability to consume the Force?  Also, I thought that destroying Traya would trigger some cataclismic galactic destruction thingy.  I just don't get it.  Is there something I can read that explains it?  Help me please.

-=|Ouroboros|=-

Well, I've never played as a LS Exile but if I go by what you just said then that has to be the most ridiclious load of garbage I've ever heard. Wouldn't you agree? What a stupid explanation that is. I liked the idea of the Jedi Council cutting you off from the force not this idiotic nonsense. I was kind of disappointed when I found out that the Jedi Council didn't cut me off from the force.

Okay, I'll try slipping back into my age-old role of devil's advocate for a minute.

Jedi Masters often bond with their apprentices, and if one of them dies, it leaves a hole in the other's 'heart' (sort of the metaphysical equivalent to the psychological parallel). Now, the Exile bonded with almost anybody he/she met, so when most of the people he/she knew all died at Malachor V he/she developed a thousand or more 'holes' in themselves. Humans, by nature, reject things that cause them pain. Since the Force was what had caused them so much pain, the Exile ripped themselves away from it. However, running from your pain almost never heals it, so the Exile kept his/her 'holes,' but now had the greater 'hole' of having removed themselves from the Force. When the Exile met Kreia, he/she likely bonded with her, like they had with almost everyone else before her. This may have given them another connection to 'life', and the Force, so the Exile began to feel the Force again.

The Exile can still choose his/her alignment, since they only feed on the Force. Nihilus feeds on the connection between the Force and life (like how ATP gives energy when a phosphate group is broken from the Adnesine Tri-Phosphate, releasing a lot of stored up energy, but also making ATP into ADP, which is practically worthless for energy as far as I can tell), which makes him really dangerous. We'll not get into what Nihilus might be, or might not be, since what I said is said by Visas Marr, without the neato chemo-biology lesson as well.

Well, this is just my 2 cents, since OE has left the series in the proverbial gutter, most likely hoping some nice new family will come along and adopt it, raising it to be 'complete'. Either that, or hoping that it will die and everybody will forever forget the half-finished (or half-failed, depending on how you wanna look at it... :p ) KotOR 'series'.

:(

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Well from what I understand, the term "wound in the force" refers to his "force deficiency" brought about about by the sub conscious severing of his force connection.

As far as Nihilus is concerned, he learnt this techique from Kreia's teachings (she knew of the Exile's wound, right after the Mandalorian wars). Nihilus may have had a similar wound as the Exile, but unlike the Exile his deficiency brought about an unquenchable craving for the force, which if not appeased consumed his own connection to life. Thereby creating his ability to seperate the force from life, so as to devour it.

Sion's body was destroyed almost completely, but through sheer will was able to use the dark side to keep himself "alive". The fact is that Sion is an anomaly just like the Exile and Nihilus, only that he is dead, but strongly connected to the force i.e unconnected to life but connected to the force. The unusual Sith Assasins, were simply the followers of Sion and Nihilus and learnt their techniques from them.

Also, I thought that destroying Traya would trigger some cataclismic galactic destruction thingy.  I just don't get it.  Is there something I can read that explains it?  Help me please.

Kreia wanted to create more "echos" like Exile into Force. As someone has said, k2 is like a "kill god to free the world" story. Kreia hates force, because she knows (or at least believes) that fight between LS and DS will never stop and so Force dooms Galaxy to eternal chaos. He wants to change Galaxy to one big echo and Force would "die". I'm not sure about this thing, but wont that cause same thing that Nihilus would've caused? I mean, that would kill all life. Or would it?

Kreia says, that in places (echo-places :) ) which had suffered lot of pain and death, it is difficult feel the force. (like Dantooine for example, I triggered that conversation there) So using force would be more difficult and force couldn't "control" such places. It would mean end of both jedi and sith, and Galaxy would be "free" of force. And that wouldn't kill life, if I understood that thing. Unlike Nihilus, who fed with life and force, destroying them.

Sorry, it is midnight here and it is hard to concentrate because i'm damn tired. I hope that you undestand what I mean.

And no, there wont be cataclismc. Whole big bad echo thingy comes from Mal V, and when you destroy planet as LS, echo stops and force is saved. :lol: There is lot of true sith threads,if you wonder what those are.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And  no, there wont be cataclismc.  Whole big bad echo thingy comes from Mal V, and when you destroy planet as LS, echo stops and force is saved.  ;) There is lot of true sith threads,if you wonder what those are.

true, Malachor V is a "character" just as much as is the Exile, Darth Nihilius, Sion, etc....kill Malachor and you kill the anomoly....at least in theory.

thing is, just because there was an anomoly does not mean that it would do what Kreia thought it would do.....basically, she was working on an inside straight and, as to be expected, she failed.