NWN2 Interview @ RPGDot

Dhruin

assonance

n noun the resemblance of sound between syllables in nearby words arising from the rhyming of stressed vowels (e.g. sonnet, porridge), and also from the use of identical consonants with different vowels (e.g. killed, cold, culled).

DERIVATIVES

assonant adjective

assonate verb

ORIGIN

C18: from French, from Latin assonare 'respond to'.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Voices and planes, hahahaha. You should have named it Project Volo, dawg :ph34r:

In any case, my sp project is currently back to the drawing board. Strayed away from it for a while as I was pondering with Nick how to assign priorities when it comes to, say, making DMed mods instead. So, basically, currently, I don't have anything concrete storywise, though in terms of design philosophy I already have the plans ready from the previous projects (in terms of being storydriven, the narrative interface, etc).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Before you decap attack me, the reason why I used a similar approach is because the PC won't have one single piece of lifeforce on him... But rather many other pieces of the lifeforce. Not going to expand on that since I don't want to spoil the story, but if you remember what I had previously posted about the story then suffice to say, the two Chosen Ones were not the only beings who were wiped out; many more souls were seemingly extinguished, and came to reside on the PC's body.

Players will just have to deal with the auditory and visual hallucinations and decide which ones to go along with, if any.

Haha, no worries.

It *is* a good idea, so I'm glad someone is doing something about it, instead of letting it simply rot as nothing more than just an idea. Good, good. There's a lot of potential here, but it'll also be a buttload of work.

BTW, is that prison ship thingie the tutorial you were pondering?

Hadescopy.jpg

Yup. But we'll see how it turns out. The initial design, before it was even applied to NWN2, was that of a prisoner learning skills for the first time as he attempted to escape the ship. If he went trough a corridor with a locked door, he would be told by fellow inmates how to unlock them; if he went trough a corridor where barricaded guards were using ranged weapons, he could pick up a short range weapon from a downed prisoner and attack; and so on.

Since we're not entirely sure it's possible to do this in NWN2, I'm coming up with an alternative as a backup. In this case, the ship crashes and the derelict monastery will have some challenges for the character to overcome.

Oh, it's definitely possible to implement, even with current NWN scripting (of course, NWN2 won't be that different anyway). Not necessarily difficult, either, just requiring lots of scripting (just, lots of it, but it doesn't actually have to be very complex).

In any case, I'm through and done making a RPG system just for its own sake. I don't care if my mod ends up a 'RPG' or an 'adventure' game or whatever crap in-between. Its goal is simply to promote storytelling through its every facets. Heck, it will ooze storytelling out of every orifice. I'm sick of all this 'lol if i wanted a story i'll read a book, because i'm closeminded and a stupid moron lol'. Interactive storytelling > u. It should be something that ANYONE with any appreciation for storytelling should be able to enjoy, not just 'gamers' (hence, gaming conventions out the crapper).

Yeah, I'm repeating myself :(

EDIT: In reply to RP's character creation stuff.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg