New NWN2 Interview

Llyranor

No.

I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game I already paid for.  That is why NWN 2 will be better than any lame assed MMORPG.  You can get all the online niceness of a MMMORPG with out the damn monthly fees.  Also you get a single player game incase you don't want to deal with any jerks online.  Last I checked there is no SP options in DnD Online.

I find that paying to play online lame. You already spent good money on the damned game why pay more. Stupid.

Your not paying for the game at that point. You are paying for server maintnance, client updates and the ability to to have a world to play with.

Call it a waste of money if you want, when I find a good game to play online... I don't spent a cent on other games, so I save money. :thumbsup:

Guildwars and Battlenet don't seem to have a problem with their servers "maintaince".  They don't charge.

I was talking about MMORPG specificly.

Guild Wars and Battlenet are not MMORPGs.

MMORPGs, Final Fantasy XI for example has monthly server maintenance and in the two and a half years of playing the game, they have added thousands of new quest, crafting formulas, weapons, armors, spells and they keep the game balanced. When exploits are discovered... job, map, item... they are done away with. When a class becomes unbalanced, they tweak the system to ensure that everything remains fair. That's what you pay for. :)

Edited by Haitoku

magic is not that impressive.  Stealth is best used without the use of magic for there are times where magic fails.

Magic is impressive, especially when you can call down meteor swarms and fight as well as a pure priest or rogue :)

And as a Warlock you can use Greater Invisibility, at will, when you're high enough.

Pure rogues are... fodder :)

Figher/Rogues... crunchy fodder :(

"magic is not that impressive. Stealth is best used without the use of magic for there are times where magic fails."

stealth is not that impressive. Magic is best used without the use of stealth for there are times where stealth fails.

:D :D :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They are good for going in a location to scout areas while unseen and unheard, without depending on magic, and also to steal items from locations without sounding the alarms. Alarms bad in cse you didn't know. A party of rogues could take down a keep full of soldiers stealthily and little trouble.

Even a rogue knows the weakness of plate armor. Its ueually at the joint points.

Edited by Judge Hades

What is really dangerous is a Rogue/Wizard in case one decides to do magic, especially if you are a very short halfling.

A moderately powered Rogue?Wizard could cast reduce and Fly on himself then keep to the shadows of an enemy keep. While his friends draw out the main force... FIREBALL! FIREBALL! FIREBALL!

Then zip and hide again.

Oh, range touch attack spells do sneak attack damage if within 30 feet. Ray of Frost sneak attack! Rogue is a very useful and nasty class.

Edited by Judge Hades

^ that won't really work.

Sorcerer maybe, but then you'd need to prc some rogue-like classes that gave mage spellcasting levels.

If you hedge you won't really be that good with either aspect of that character type.

My Fighter-Mage works because there are 2 Prcs that grant warrior level BAB as well as Arcane Spellcasting levels at the same time.

If I go magic with a rogue I normally go rogue/wizard with my prime stat being Intelligence with Dexterity secondary. First 2 levels being rogue, then the next 3 levels being Wizard, then round it out being 5th level in each, then take levels in Assassin. In

PnP I hade a fairly nasty Fighter/Rogue/Necromancer that dual wielded sickles. When the campaign ended she had 4 levels of fighter 6 levels of Rogue and 6 levels of Necromancer.

Edited by Judge Hades