No XP for non-active Jedi-fied NPCs?

Hello everyone. Purchased this game for the xbox a month or so back, though I've already played KOTOR I to death. Great game by the way - lived up to my high expectations considering I hold KOTOR I to be the best CRPG of all time.

One of my favorite parts of this game is the ability to influence and Jedify my friends/allies (LS) or lackeys/tools (DS). I've had no problems gaining enough influence to Jedify all possible NPCs; however once they've been Jedified, they no longer gain XP when not in the active party. This occurs with ALL NPCs, for BOTH LS and DS, and has happened in EVERY game I've played (4 so far).

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced and solved this problem. It particularly bugs me because I REALLY want to keep every potential Jedi at the level at which they first join me in order to max out their Force Points upon Jedification - e.g. Atton lvl 3, Mira lvl 6 (pain in the butt to beat Hanharr when my main man is lvl 19 or so at this time) and so on.

I only encounter this XP gain problem when I hold NPC character levels. If, for example, I level Handmaiden up such that she can no longer gain levels (say lvl 16), then convert her to Jedi (gaining a free level up to lvl 17) she will gain XP as normal afterwards, even when inactive.

However, if I hold her at lvl 6 then convert her to Jedi (she doesn't gain the free level up to hit lvl 17 and stays at lvl 16 worth of XP) she will no longer gain XP afterwards unless she's in the active party. This means situations like the Nar Shaddaa missions and the Dxun sieges are XP dead spots for her (and all my Jedified NPCs).

As a result, I've been forced to abandon the "hold levels" strategy and level them up fully in their original character classes before Jedification, which makes sense from an RPG point of view but offends my powergaming instincts. :wub:

If anyone has experienced this, and has a solution, I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Or at least gaining the peace of mind of knowing that this is an unavoidable xbox glitch and that I should just play it patched on the PC (which is currently busted which is why I'm playing on xbox in the first place). Thanks!

I play PC and have never had this problem. It may be an XBox specific problem. Although, this is the first I've heard about this so it could simply be a bad bug somehow, though that wouldn't explain it happening in all 4 games you've played... Sorry, I really don't know what to tell you.

Thanks Cassidy. Yeah, I did several searches on various forums and browsed the guides at gamefaqs without seeing this problem so I guess it's just weird for me that way. On the good side, I never encountered any of the game-breaking bugs other people have mentioned. And its good to curb the powergamer within from time to time anyway. Hehe.

I play PC and have never had this problem. It may be an XBox specific problem. Although, this is the first I've heard about this so it could simply be a bad bug somehow, though that wouldn't explain it happening in all 4 games you've played... Sorry, I really don't know what to tell you.

Thanks Cassidy. Yeah, I did several searches on various forums and browsed the guides at gamefaqs without seeing this problem so I guess it's just weird for me that way. On the good side, I never encountered any of the game-breaking bugs other people have mentioned. And its good to curb the powergamer within from time to time anyway. Hehe.

I know what your speaking of Sol, but I always just marked it up to jedi levels requireing more xp then normal class levels. I could be wrong on this (have no proof, but thats what it always seemed to me anyways).

LOL, and yes, beating Hanharr and getting out to open door at level 6 is a huge pain with mira. Doable but fustrating!

I also never experienced any of the game stopping bugs people complained about. Saw a few of the non game stopping bugs but those you just chuckle at :)