Announcing the NWN 2 Wiki

Rhomal

Pwned.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

While I agree on freedom of choice and all but a good point was made about the format of nwn2wiki.org being superior to nwn2news wiki.

If you change the theme of the site to the ICE theme is very wiki-fied look with almost no images.

The poster who did the compairsion did not look though the selection of themes and find a less image intensive one. Which typlical users are able to do. One does not have to keep the default theme. The point of the default theme is to draw attenion for new members/visitors not so much be a wiki exclusive look.

Also I enjoyed how they compaired a NWN2 wiki barbarion pages from the barbarion NWN1 wiki page. Shouldnt they compaire a nwn2 entry with a nwn2 entry? After all the nwn1 pages have eben up for some time and has has a lot of time to tweak and edit and look all pretty.

With all that taken into accout I dont hold much water into the 'comparison'.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I do think it is silly to make such divisions, but if they want it to be done then who am I to say no. It is obvious that they don't want the Obsidian crowd involved in their little clique so why should we be a part of their community. Let them have NWN 1. I'll take the game from Obsidian.

While I agree on freedom of choice and all but a good point was made about the format of nwn2wiki.org being superior to nwn2news wiki.

Not in all ways. While they may be using a better technical solution, there is one thing that makes it inferior from a layout one.

Text that runs all the way over a computer screen from the far left to the far right is significantly harder to read than text that only runs through (say) 50% of it. There is a reason why books are in the format they are and why newspapers uses columns.

So it'd be a lot easier to read a wiki entry on nwn2news than on nwn2wiki.

Text that runs all the way over a computer screen from the far left to the far right is significantly harder to read than text that only runs through (say) 50% of it. There is a reason why books are in the format they are and why newspapers uses columns.

I have a smaller screen and often have windows tiled. So nwn2wiki.org layout works better for me currently.

Besides CSS styles allow to set 'max-width' for block-level elements, so combining both layout styles would actually make it perfect.

Even better would be for nwn2news to use the same engine as nwn2wiki.org.

Biodweeps? It seems to me that it is you who is trying to rally people to war.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

All I saw were some heated opinions, few idiots and people who just didn't know enough to reply with any merit. Pretty much the same thing what happened last time people here disagreed with Rhomal.

kirottu said:

Re-read my post. Especially the part "people here".

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

If we hack'em off, who're going to make that utopian community you ramble about?

Edit: Does it look to you like we're(with Capn' Pants) alone here milling pretty much the same talk over various threads?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

:blink:
kirottu said:

In a good mood? You? Judge LiveJournal?

kirottu said:

I have a smaller screen and often have windows tiled. So nwn2wiki.org layout works better for me currently.

Besides CSS styles allow to set 'max-width' for block-level elements, so combining both layout styles would actually make it perfect.

Even better would be for nwn2news to use the same engine as nwn2wiki.org.

Like I said, nwn2wiki definitely uses a better technical solution (technical in this case means the code that renders the page, not the wiki functionality).

The problem for nwn2news is that it uses a portal to render it's site. It's a good tool for a site such as that since it makes it easier for a large number of people to add updates, but it leads to clunky code and suboptimal layouts.

So naturally, a site that is only a wiki will have code more ideally suited to being a wiki, but I still think they should cut article text off.