Announcing the NWN 2 Wiki

Rhomal

I don't know much about netcode but could you use multiple portals within a large portal to create a modular layout system that can work within the wiki framework?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. A portal is a modular layout system.

Edit: Or do you mean that the site switches layouts for different sections of the site? That is definitely possible, but usually not wanted since coherency tends to be prefered.

(unless the section is more of a subsite, but let's not go there)

Edited by Spider

Each subsection could be cosistant within itself while each subsection could have an overall theme that could be consisitant, could it not?

It's certainly a valid way to design a website. But doing so within the constraints of a portal is very difficult. To be honest I'm not even sure it's possible with the popular existing portals.

It's all about how they're programmed though, so it can theoretically be done. Just like these forums could theoretically have different layouts for each section. Either way, it requires programming knowledge that goes way beyond me.

(for those who don't know, a portal is a website software that's used to layout a page and communicate with a database. In many ways they work just like forums do)

If you change the theme of the site to the ICE theme is very wiki-fied look with almost no images.

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see where can I do it. :)

Main page, bottom left side. :lol:

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I don't know much about netcode but could you use multiple portals within a large portal to create a modular layout system that can work within the wiki framework?

A discussion was had to use a wiki module within the site or, as others suggested, have a dedicated subsite such as wiki.nwn2news.net or what not. It was decided against the subsite and it would be easier for all involved to have the wiki as part of the main page.

I personally was on the fense and didnt take a stand, those community members brought into the discussion decided such as I left the final decesion in their hands. (these people were all well known from in the nwn1 custom content community.)Not saying it was the right choice or not, but explaining why it was done this way.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

post-6296-1134710145_thumb.jpg

Nice to see that default theme makes wiki page resizable, but the main page still could use some fixes, like flow layout instead of fixed layout. Right now I'm outside my home and I use IE, so I get horizontal scrolling on the main page with any theme. :p

Edited by Diamond

post-6296-1134710145_thumb.jpg

Nice to see that default theme makes wiki page resizable, but the main page still could use some fixes, like flow layout instead of fixed layout. Right now I'm outside my home and I use IE, so I get horizontal scrolling on the main page with any theme. :lol:

Thats more of a IE issue then the site. The site expects the browser to be 100% W3 compliant. If it isnt, like IE, then it has a few quirks. If the browser in question is 100% compliant then it displays as intended.

Edited by Rhomal

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---