Lost Planet

karka

Lost Planet is a 360 exclusive title by Capcom.

From IGN:

Lost Planet takes place in a freezing cold world of giant glaciers. People, calling themselves Snow Pirates, wear so-called Vitality Suits to explore the harsh frontiers of this world. The cold isn't the only thing to fear, though, as mankind isn't the dominant species in this world. That honor goes to the monstrous Eecrid. The main character was once saved by the Snow Pirates and, having lost most of his memory, remembers just one thing: his father dieing at the hands of the Eecrid.

Some big names are lending their talents (and faces) to the development of this game. Keiji Inafune (Onimusha, Dead Rising, Mega Man Battle Network) was announced as executive producer with Jun Takeuchi (Onimusha 3 and Resident Evil 5) listed as producer. Kenji Ohguro, a designer on both the original Onimusha and part 3, is chief designer for the game and is also co-directing with Shin Kurosawa, who wrote the screenplay.

Continuing the tradition started with Onimusha (but not inherited by Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams), the main character in Lost Planet is based off a real person. Capcom has based the character off Korean star Byung Hun Lee, one of the most popular Korean personalities in Japan right now. At the unveiling event, Lee claimed to be a big fan of games like Resident Evil and Onimusha, while Inafune claimed personal respect for Lee's work, so everyone seemed happy.

And gamers outside of Japan should be most happy of all, as Lost Planet has first person style gameplay! You actually play from behind the back of the main character, controling the character directly, or boarding a mech to do battle. Online play through Xbox Live is one of the main points of the game, Inafune revealed at the event.

For the trailer: http://www.capcom.co.jp/lostplanet/trailer.html

And for screens:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/674/674990/imgs_1.html

It looks damn good!

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Sorry reading the freezing cold bit after those 360's catching fire just made me laugh.

Ok wiped away the tears :)

1. I've seen it before :)

2. It looks good

3. I have a thing for mech games. Especially the Japanese ones.

4. Still wont be buying a 360.

5. Does it have a release date ?

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Frank Herbert's Dune is snow. :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yay! A game set in the colors of white and gray! I can hardly wait! (w00t)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I couldn't make out whether other monsters then those burrowing beasts or not.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds