Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic

kumquatq3

So what's with the Danish name?

I was reading a book called Scivias written by Hildegard von Bingen, I liked her description of the devil one of the best I've read, I also loved the spiritual music she composed...she was a remarkable women - 'first' in many fields. Given the fact she was a women living in Medieval ages while accomplishing all the things she done is downright amazing so I just thought it would be nice to pick her name, although it's a female name and I'm male.....anyways I like the way it sounds :thumbsup:"

Yeah, those damn dirty swedes. :rolleyes:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Has anyone else noticed that during these Euro and World Cup competitions, the commentators are completely biased towards England...even when they're not actually playing?  :rolleyes:

Try sitting through a match in the world cup and count the number of times 1966 is mentioned. It doesn't even have to be an England one. My personal record is only 15, but I don't make a habit of watching football, unless it's a Scotland game, a Scotland-surrogate game (Trinidad and Tobago for t3h win!) or a game England are definitely going to lose (which, sadly, isn't all of them).

1st commentator: "And Beckham passes to Owen, rather like how Moore passed to Hurst in 1966. And Owen sucessfully gets to the ball, running towards the goal, kicking the ball along the ground, just like england did in 1966."

2nd commentator: "Oh, I agree. Kicking the ball was the key to England's victory in 1966. Had it not been for kicking the ball, 1966 might have been a crushing defeat. But luckily it wasn't, so we won in 1966."

1st commentator: "Very true. Oh, and Owen shoots...and it's saved by the goalkeeper! A bit like 1966, except that it went in then. And now the keeper kicks it down the pitch...Alenskanderonovovich takes it...runs with it...dodges the england defence, quite unlike what happened in 1966...shoots...and scores! A goal for Latveria! "

2nd commentator: "That was an interesting goal. A bit like the second one in 1966, except that we scored it."

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Try sitting through a match in the world cup and count the number of times 1966 is mentioned.  It doesn't even have to be an England one. My personal record is only 15, but I don't make a habit of watching football, unless it's a Scotland game, a Scotland-surrogate game (Trinidad and Tobago for t3h win!) or a game England are definitely going to lose (which, sadly, isn't all of them).

Next year may be the year of George Best comparisons. We may finally find out what he was famous for, other than getting drunk on Wogan.

Perhaps this newfangled internet radio thing will allow us to watch the match with commentary from the nation of our choice. Can you get Trinidadian radio yet?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Try sitting through a match in the world cup and count the number of times 1966 is mentioned.  It doesn't even have to be an England one. My personal record is only 15, but I don't make a habit of watching football, unless it's a Scotland game, a Scotland-surrogate game (Trinidad and Tobago for t3h win!) or a game England are definitely going to lose (which, sadly, isn't all of them).

Next year may be the year of George Best comparisons. We may finally find out what he was famous for, other than getting drunk on Wogan.

Perhaps this newfangled internet radio thing will allow us to watch the match with commentary from the nation of our choice. Can you get Trinidadian radio yet?

I don't know. What language do people in Tinidad & Tobago speak? And how do you say "Disaster for Trinidad!" in it, I wonder?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!