The Secularism thread.

ShadowPaladin V1.0

It varied. Celts(and to some extent basques) were very progressive and I actually value them highly despite me being a dirty christian. It's so refeshing to sacrifice something else than lambs for a change.

My point stands.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

ur right, Pantsman

I love your avatar by the way.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Are Celts those guys who had the druids and all?

Yes. D&D wouldn't have been the same without them. :wub: We still have Druids, by the way. I believe they have ceremonies at Stonehenge every year.

In some ways we are still behind were we were with the Celts.

In what ways?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Are Celts those guys who had the druids and all?

[1]Yes. D&D wouldn't have been the same without them. :wub: We still have Druids, by the way. I believe they have ceremonies at Stonehenge every year.

In some ways we are still behind were we were with the Celts.

[2]In what ways?

1. Those are new age crooks. Real druidism didn't get written down, so it's mixture of animism and fantasy books what they're doing there. Damn gits.

2. I don't know, appreciation of nature in all its forms?

kirottu said:

1. Those are new age crooks. Real druidism didn't get written down, so it's mixture of animism and fantasy books what they're doing there. Damn gits.

The idea that authority comes from what is written is not one that druids would have been familiar with. You have to take the belief on its own terms. Druidism and its beliefs are, I imagine, quite fluid and flexible, adapting to suit the times as they always have. Plus the robes - very suitable for our climate. I wonder where you can get them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Can you prove it doesn't work?  Where's your research?

I've done empirical research on it.

And I bear the scars of that encounter.

kirottu said:

It varied. Celts(and to some extent basques) were very progressive and I actually value them highly despite me being a dirty christian. It's so refeshing to sacrifice something else than lambs for a change.

My point stands.

Oh I thought I was reinforcing your point by showing a culture that didnt objectify women was around at the same time :wub:

Well if you do absolutely believe in an afterlife being sacrficed to the gods isnt really a bad thing.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

My point stands.

Oh I thought I was reinforcing your point by showing a culture that didnt objectify women was around at the same time :)

Well if you do absolutely believe in an afterlife being sacrficed to the gods isnt really a bad thing.

Ehmm...sorry for that. English isn't my best medium of communication, it seems.

kirottu said:

The idea that authority comes from what is written is not one that druids would have been familiar with.  You have to take the belief on its own terms.  Druidism and its beliefs are, I imagine, quite fluid and flexible, adapting to suit the times as they always have.  Plus the robes - very suitable for our climate.  I wonder where you can get them.

That was an 18th century revival. Modern druids worship god.

The robes ? Official ones you can get from a place in Wales, but you have to prove you are a Druid.

I was at Stone Henge a couple of years ago for one of the ceremonies and it made me ill to see how they had perverted the druidic tradition.

If you ever get chance to "make out" in stone henge I recomend it :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Well if you do absolutely believe in an afterlife being sacrficed to the gods isnt really a bad thing."

It's certainly not good either.

Certainly not from out point of view. But they got to be personal servants of the gods which was pretty special for them.

478327[/snapback]

It's Judge Hades having his crusade on rationality and sense.

kirottu said:

It's the former one.

kirottu said:

Ah man, you guys havenever read the Cleric Canticle nevoles? One of the characters is a Dwarf with a very low intelligence score who becomes a druid. He screams DOO DAD alot and smacks baddies with a stick, his "SHA LA LA!" :D

Um... we were talking about druids, right? :o