Baldur's Gate 2:SoA

Musopticon?

So, I had this idea of replaying most of my older rpgs, and now it's time for SoA. I have yet to finish BG 1, but as I'm lacking Tales of the Sword Coast, I'd rather just jump straight to BG 2, which I still love quite a bit. Anyway, I've heard that there's a multitude of mods, some enhancing the experience, some being almost a "restoration project" for the game.

So what mods would you recommend I take? I'd rather play the game with the original NPCs first however, so no need to recommend the much fabled fan-NPCs.

Than another thing, do I need a thief in my party? Last time I played, I felt bad about having no slots for Edwinm because I needed Imoen for picking locks and circumventing the traps. Is a thief necessary?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I always have a thief in my party either the main character or one of the NPCs. There are traps, locked doors and other things that require a thief.

Non-NPC mods? I have two that I made that add in extra encounters, stores, items that sort of thing.

Dark Ritual

Encounters

Alsoi Unfinished Business and Quest Pack found at PPG is good.

Edited by Gabrielle

Oh, I don't have ToB.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I've been trying to. For years actually. Lack of credit card really thins the available options.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

So, I guess I begin a neutral/evil game with Ease of Use and Item Upgrade and then see how it goes. Thanks.

kirottu said:

I've been trying to. For years actually. Lack of credit card really thins the available options.

Paypal?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Not that desperate really. :D

kirottu said:

I'm assuming you've played with Jan Jannsen in your group instead of Imoen? With jan and Minsc on board you will have much bantering fun. Jan also brings a few spells for good measure.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My group at the moment is Rahuyl(male sorcerer, neutral evil), Jaheira( :huh: ), Viconia, Korgan, Cernd and Jan.

Korgan just loves druids :D

I'd want a decent tank to have Korgan's back, but no Minsc or Sir Firecam. Cernd sorta fills that role now, after the fan patch; wrewolf form was cleaned of glitches and he's a lot more cabable of hauling ass and taking names. No to mention the ability to cast while in that form. I guess somatic motions aren't a problem to lycanthropes. Byt the by, I've never taken Korgan with me before; is that Tomb where the Book of Kaza is possible after I clean out the slaver joint and maybe kick some hobgoblin ass at the Windspear Hills dungeon?

Edit: So, if someone didn't get it yet; I still seem to get pretty excited over this game. :cool:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I always preferred Jaheira in that game too! ;)

EDIT: On a side note, why on Earth would you use the "Ease-of-Use" mod. I'm not familiar with any of the mods, but it seems all it does is make the game rather easy. And I didn't really find BG2 to be that difficult to begin with.

Edited by alanschu

I hate that limited stacking and getting rid of the need for thieves is a bonus also. Not to mention I'm just plain tired of doing some of the normal BG 2 chores; needed to make the game enjoyable.

Also installed Dungeon-Be-Gone. Otherwise would have been my eight tenth time to kill that otyugh.

Edit: Yeah, it's kinda easy, but the game was never really hard to begin with and the mods don't really change the encounters which are intented to make the player think a bit.

Ah, thinking. Thou were made useless with Breach.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

So many mods require ToB it limits what you can use if you don't have it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Edit: Yeah, it's kinda easy, but the game was never really hard to begin with and the mods don't really change the encounters which are intented to make the player think a bit.

If you think the game is too easy, try tactics. It really ups the difficulty although some parts of it are stupid hard (but it probably requires ToB so I guess that's out).

As for ease-of-use it really doesn't make the game much easier for the most part. Just removes a lot of hassle. Like having arrows taking up a lot of inventory space.

I know of Tactics, and will use that once I get ToB.

Anyway, Korgan is waaayy over-powered, I don't need anyone else except me for fireballs and breach and Viconia for resurrecting and restoration. :D

kirottu said:

Dropping in a little late, my advice is to get a hold of TotS and install the BG1Tutu mod. This way you get the whole BG Saga with the BG2 engine, and it is something I wholeheartedly recommend. I recently played through BG1 with a Kensai, but haven't made too much progress in BG2 yet because I've been playing other games.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I don't mind. Thanks and keep'em coming.

Dere be not enuff pirates in BG 2. Seris'ly.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Yes, most likely. Otherwise there might be conflicts.

kirottu said: