My Pokemon Party

Oh, I see. So you can't walk into a grass patch and just catch Pokemon? If that's the case, I think I'm going to buy it. I think sometimes because you can't catch all of them in one game, it leaves me kind of empty. I mean I completed the quest, but not the game.

Well there isnt a pokedex so you wont have those empty spaces staring back at you. Curse you Jirachi and Celebi..

Er. There is a ShadowDex which means if you miss any of the 83 you will know it it will even say failed to snag just to make you feel even worse. Good news is even if you do fail you can still catch them in other places.

So far as completing the games, well you can catch all the pokemon in that particular game. Which is all you can do anyway. For example you cant complete the national dex (all 386) without a Nintendo pass.

Aron is in XD as well as Tyranitar and Shuckle. As well as Eleckid. No squirtle,charmander or bulbasaur (that I have found).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm not going to but two different systems.

What's the gameboy advance like to play? I used to have a gameboy a loooooooooong time ago, but is that a meaningful way to play the game? I guess it's best to jump in and play XD ... I'd probably hunt around and see if I could get one/some Pokemon games included in a bundle ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Most sensible course of action is a Game Cube and a gameboy player. That way you can play any GBA game on the GameCube. Which unless you are big into gaming on the move works really well.

The gameboy Pokemons are more open (full maps) and deeper in the sense of the breeding aspects.

The XD games is harder since you mostly face other trainers to get your pokemon and they come with some really nasty movesets later on. The AI makes rookie mistakes (which having played the grand tournament I must assume are 100% intentional on the part of the programmers).

If I had to choose I'd say Emerald since that one really pretty much perfects things. Otherwise GBA player and GC all the way.

If your going to take the plunge into GC/GBA gaming can I recomend the FireEmblem series too.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Allright all this talk makes me want to go get a Gamecube.  Is this a decent place to start without having played any Pokemon games before?

FEATURES:

* This console bundle comes with Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for XBOX. :(

* Bundle Includes: Limited Edition Nintendo Gamecube System And Controller, A Limited Edition Pokemon XD Face Plate And Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness Game Pack

* Experience intense 3D Pokemon action in a full-scale RPG

* Snag and purify a wide variety of Shadow Pokemon.

* Master your two-on-two battle skills against Cipher's toughest goons.

I think someone hasn't proof read the product description ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Unfortunately the little sign saying ' Ships to U.S. addresses only' is a bit of a turnoff. And looking further into the first one shows its not available in my local store.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I made it upto level 81 of Mount Battle (only 19 more levels to go). Started off easy enough, well it would with a 55 Dragonite and a 50 Salamence wouldnt it..

Although I've been outleveled since the 60 tier I only ran into real problems when I can across a Regice, Milotic and Articuno in the same party. The dragons didnt even manage to survive one attack. That *4 to dragon and flying is deadly (even if your 20 levels higher which I wasnt).

Found a neat little trick for mimic copying Dragonites Earthquake and Hyperbeam for Salamence :rolleyes:

478327[/snapback]

That seems like just a little too much work for a game system. But thank you both anyhoo Meta and KotorKyle.

I'll just save myself some hassle and buy each seperately in town.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.