the whole story

Influence=Good, Character Development Based Upon Level=Lazy Programmers.

Obsidian created the Influence system in One year, in the three years Bioware had they could ahve created the Influence system, and made the party member's side-quests less formulaic and irritating.

Bioware had to make the game, Obsidian really just modded it alot, and they even reused two planets, basically just making them smaller.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya basically a mod

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Nothing really too impressive there, don't get me wrong, I'm sure being a new company and all Obsidian had alot of things going on within the year besides game programming and such, but theres not much actually in the game that you won't think a more competent team could have put together in a years time.

@Battlewookiee

i don't see this lack of interaction between party members, they talk to each other not only when you're out (like in kotor) but on the ship as well. here's some:

1. Korriban when you approach the cave with Atton and Visas
  2. Nar Shaddaa with Atton and Handmaiden when you meet the owner of the Ebon Hawke
  3. Nar Shaddaa with Atton and Bao-Dur when the Zhugs come for you
  4. Dxun with Bao-Dur and T3 when helping Zuka
  5. some in the tomb of Freedon Nadd, not everyone though

i'm sure everyone remembers about the ones on the ship.

its obvious you have a thing (not sexual) for carth
why not? :luck: (just kidding)
I have to go with Carth, he has more lines than Atton
actually Atton has a bit more. Atton doesn't keep his mouth shut for all of Peragus, the Harbinger, the Ebon Hawke, your quarters on Cittadel Station where he also talks with Kreia, in the dark side conversation with Luxa, and when you kill the Exchange boss. there is also much more on Telos if you bring him along when you meet Bao-Dur, about Czerka, the mercs, along the shore, at the console

@Mahf

[*]Mandalore's helmet and Revan's orders

if you help Mandalore gather the clans (Dantooine, Nar Shaddaa) he will tell you the whole story. when mandalorians lose their leader, they choose a new one to wear Mandalore's helmet, when Revan killed Mandalore during the Mandalorian Wars, he took this helmet so that no new one would be chosen for a time. after defeating Malak, when Revan regained more of his lost memories, he told Canderous Ordo where to find the helmet and he told him to gather the clans and be ready for his return, for he would need them, along with the republic's army under Carth Onasi (or Admiral Cede), to fight the Sith.

[*]the true reason for the mandalorian wars

it was to be clear in a dialog on the Ravenger but it was cut. still Bastila on Korriban gives us the hint, she says that Revan was regaining more of his lost memories and thought it may have been not a choice for the mandalorians to attack the republic. we can guess who would have tricked them but no one knows, maybe the Sith, more likely Revan himself. it is said that Revan was born in the unknown regions, so maybe he knew of the remnants of the Sith Empire all along and that would be the reason for his mission, his crazy training, his "war of conversion", his subduing the mandalorians

You mean with Bao-Durs "I'll take the stupid one that decided to threathen us instead of shooting while he could"?

Nope I mean the long exchange between Atton and Handmaiden when that guy just before refugee sector approaches you about giving him the Ebon Hawk.

Reload game and check it out, its priceless and nothing in K1 even compares to it :sorcerer:

PS: but Baos comment was damn funny as well :luck:

Atton & Handmaiden? It seems I have been missing that one. I always had the impression that NPC-NPC interaction while walking around was almost non-existant in KOTOR2 unless at special places with "forced" characters. Do you guys know a link/walkthrough where these places and involved people are stated? I'd really like to go on a "hear them talk among themselves" voyage next time I play Kotor2.

You mean with Bao-Durs "I'll take the stupid one that decided to threathen us instead of shooting while he could"?

Nope I mean the long exchange between Atton and Handmaiden when that guy just before refugee sector approaches you about giving him the Ebon Hawk.

Reload game and check it out, its priceless and nothing in K1 even compares to it :thumbsup:

PS: but Baos comment was damn funny as well :p

Atton & Handmaiden? It seems I have been missing that one. I always had the impression that NPC-NPC interaction while walking around was almost non-existant in KOTOR2 unless at special places with "forced" characters. Do you guys know a link/walkthrough where these places and involved people are stated? I'd really like to go on a "hear them talk among themselves" voyage next time I play Kotor2.

a link, no, but the ones off the top of my head I can think of are:

1)Atton and Handmaiden when your approached about giving up the Ebon hawk (first time) on Nar Shaddar

2) Goto watching you use your force powers on the guards on (planet by Onnx, lol been so long forget name)

3) Atton and Handmaiden/Visas (more so Handmaiden) when the x bounty hunter discribes the bounty hunters after you on Nar Shaddar

4) Bao Dur to Atton when your attacked outside your ship by bounty hunters

5) Goto and HK 47 when you kill the droid merchant on Dantooine

There is many many many more but its been along time since I played K2 so forgetting them. Im actually going to keep track of favorite K2 saying the next time I play it but have to revinish K1 first :)

1. Korriban when you approach the cave with Atton and Visas
  2. Nar Shaddaa with Atton and Handmaiden when you meet the owner of the Ebon Hawke
  3. Nar Shaddaa with Atton and Bao-Dur when the Zhugs come for you
  4. Dxun with Bao-Dur and T3 when helping Zuka
  5. some in the tomb of Freedon Nadd, not everyone though
  6. Malachor V, first Remote and Bao-Dur then Remote and G0T0
  7. Malachor V, Mira and Hanharr
  8. Jek'Jek Tar, Mira and Hanharr, before and after the call of the Exchange
  9. Nar Shaddaa, Atton plans your rescue with Mira/Hanharr and T3
  10. Dantooine, enclave sublevels, Atton and Mira when you join Disciple
  11. HK and T3 when you talk about droids not to be treated as furniture

on the ship there's much more:

1. Atton and Handmaiden talking about echani styles of combat
  2. Handmaiden and Visas talking about you, when your influence is stronger on Visas the little girl gets jealous
  3. Handmaiden and Kreia talking about Visas, when your influence is much stronger on Visas, old girl gets little girl mad at you and she'll give you a jealousy act and never talk to you again
  4. Atton and Kreia when he tells you everything
  5. Bao-Dur and Kreia when you go red, this is important, she humiliates him and talks about Malachor V and you understand she was there in the final battle
  6. Bao-Dur and Mandalore when you join the mandalorian
  7. Bao-Dur and Mandalore when you have full influence on the mandalorian, they'll talk about Malachor V
  8. T3, G0T0 and Remote with Bao-Dur from time to time for repairs and upgrades
  9. G0T0 and HK when you join the floating boss of the Exchange
  10. Mira and Handmaiden talking about love

that's about everything

Edited by jinger

@Battlewookiee

i don't see this lack of interaction between party members, they talk to each other not only when you're out (like in kotor) but on the ship as well. here's some:

Outside of the ship it is worse than Kotor1, inside better... but only inside

*snap*

i'm sure everyone remembers about the ones on the ship.

Yup, but Kotor1 didn't have convo's on the ship... more so (alot more) outside though...

I have to go with Carth, he has more lines than Atton
actually Atton has a bit more. Atton doesn't keep his mouth shut for all of Peragus, the Harbinger, the Ebon Hawke, your quarters on Cittadel Station where he also talks with Kreia, in the dark side conversation with Luxa, and when you kill the Exchange boss. there is also much more on Telos if you bring him along when you meet Bao-Dur, about Czerka, the mercs, along the shore, at the console

Outside of the ship it is worse than Kotor1, inside better... but only inside
:D of course, kotor has no convo on the ship! tsl has less out because some take place on the ship. anyway i think you missed some, i listed at least 10 both in and out of the ship, but as i said the ones in kotor were more fun
you make a pretty poor list
so far you hanven't made much of a list, i talked about the lines i remembered, and yes it's more than Carth ever gave us the pleasure to hear. i said it at first, it shouldn't be a matter of lines, Carth speaks about many things, Atton speaks more but hardly it's something important.
About every convo with a NPC had convo options
(w00t) exaggeration - look, you might want to check the dialog files if you have kotor tool - you talk about those little ones triggered in the middle of nowhere where your party members suddenly start to talk to each other, just those

[*]the true reason for the mandalorian wars

it was to be clear in a dialog on the Ravenger but it was cut. still Bastila on Korriban gives us the hint, she says that Revan was regaining more of his lost memories and thought it may have been not a choice for the mandalorians to attack the republic. we can guess who would have tricked them but no one knows, maybe the Sith, more likely Revan himself. it is said that Revan was born in the unknown regions, so maybe he knew of the remnants of the Sith Empire all along and that would be the reason for his mission, his crazy training, his "war of conversion", his subduing the mandalorians

Canderous said in K1 that it was the Sith, possibly the "True Sith" that came to the Mandalorians with the offer to attack the Republic
that's true but why would it be a trick then? :- mmmm *thinking* - well, sure.. yeah

To weaken the Republic and weaken the Mandalorians. Once that happens the door is open for the "True Sith" to walk in and take over.