The droid on Dantooine...

Hey Guys,

This may have already been figured out by most (if not all) of you. However, it is an epiphany to me so I thought I'd share.

The droid on Dantooine (the one that you meet and then repair when you first leave the Ebon Hawk) mistakes the exile for Revan. Therefore, the recordings are not about your character, but instead they are of Revan when he was a Jedi.

My reasonings for this:

1) The last time the Ebon Hawk was docked at Dantooine was when Revan was aboard. How could the droid, who malfuntioned during the Sith bombardment, know that the exile was now using it? To the droid, the last owner was Revan, and therefore mistakes your character with him/her.

2) The recording that the droid shows you reveals Master Vrook expressing heated thoughts to Master Vandar. One of his lines says that "She" fails to scold her student. However, the exile was Kavar's padawan; while Revan was Kreia's (who had a touchy relationship with the other Masters to begin with).

3) According to Chronicles (www.KotOR2.com) and other sources, the Jedi Exile was a star pupil at the Dantooine Academy. He was on the same level with most Jedi Knights of the time. He/She even instructed other, more younger, Padawans for short periods of time when the need arose. Mical was one of them, and hoped to be the exile's Padawan once he/she "officially" achieved Knighthood (which would never come).

4) Master Vrook would not berate such a fine student. Or maybe he would, who knows?

5) Of course, Vrook did speak of bonds in the recording, but the exile formed them naturally. It should also be noted that they, naturally, were not at the same level of strength that they were when he began his travels with Kreia. The only thing unique about them, in Vrook's opinion at the time, was how he formed them so quickly. Not their strength. Revan, on the other hand, was deeply intrigued with Force Bonds, and studied them religiously! Kreia and all the Jedi Masters (from K1 and K2) explain this.

Well, that's all I have come up with so far, but I'm sure there are more clues that I have forgotten since I first started writing this. If anyone else has more evidence to add to this suspicion, please feel free to post and discuss.

Talk to you guys later,

Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

2. The Exile was Kavar's Padawan? Now that's news.

3. The Chronicles have a number of inconsistencies with the games, and I doubt they are even considered canonical.

4. If he believed this student was on the way to the dark side, he would. And, as I understand, Revan and the Exile developed Force bonds in a similar way. I don't remember anything said about Revan's "religious approach".

Besides, how can the droid mistake the Exile for Revan if you choose them to be of different genders?

2. The Exile was Kavar's Padawan? Now that's news.

3. The Chronicles have a number of inconsistencies with the games, and I doubt they are even considered canonical.

4. If he believed this student was on the way to the dark side, he would. And, as I understand, Revan and the Exile developed Force bonds in a similar way. I don't remember anything said about Revan's "religious approach".

Besides, how can the droid mistake the Exile for Revan if you choose them to be of different genders?

Good points!

All I can say is I learned to TRUELY HATE Vrook after watching the Droid replays.

Course I didnt like him much in K1 either!

Damn Sith Lords pretending to be jedi anyways!

The last time the Ebon Hawk was docked at Dantooine was when Revan was aboard. How could the droid, who malfuntioned during the Sith bombardment, know that the exile was now using it? To the droid, the last owner was Revan, and therefore mistakes your character with him/her.

You're assuming the robot identified Exile based simply on his traveling on Ebon Hawk. Even for a malfunctioning droid, that's a leap of logic. What's to stop him from identifying Canderous or Atton as Revan?

The robot recognized Exile by voice print.

2) The recording that the droid shows you reveals Master Vrook expressing heated thoughts to Master Vandar. One of his lines says that "She" fails to scold her student. However, the exile was Kavar's padawan; while Revan was Kreia's (who had a touchy relationship with the other Masters to begin with).

Never said that. Vrook said "today I caught him in a heated argument with my Padawan! His Master refuses to properly discipline... I want to know what action you intend!"

You all make some pretty valid points.

Like i said, it was a spurr of the moment epiphany. Everything fit together in my head, but somehow didn't come out so tightly "on paper". I guess I was wrong. :-

Oh, well. Thanks for replying though.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari