Bioware gets eaten?

Morgoth

"I don't think it's the end of Bioware."

Huh? It *is* the end. They are no longer independent. The Doctors no longer have absolute final nor the only say. They have new partners whose opinion is equal to theirs now.

Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You missed the point SP. The point of that post wa snot toa rgue how much money JE lost or did not lost. or even how much it earned or did not earned.

It was simply used to kaboch the idea that somehow JE's "failure" or "success" is what somehow led to BIO choosing to partnering up with other companies.

I seriously doubt one game underperforming (if that is even the case which I doubt) would bring financial ruin to a company.

Success of failure is relative. In terms of sales Biowares been on a downward slide since BG II hasnt it. That may have set alarm bells ringing since you could attribute the success to the product name rather than the company name. That would be a bit of a slap in the face and a wake up call.

How much of an effect it had would depend on if they had the capital to absorb it which it looks like they do.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

Wow I'm going to dedicate my sig to this :D

It's about time I changed it anyway.

I'm not really bothered. I would have been a couple of years ago , but not now.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

"In terms of sales Biowares been on a downward slide since BG II hasnt it."

False.

False.

False.

Combined, BG and BG2 sold 5 million copies.

Combined, NWN and KOTOR has sold 5.5 MILLION copies. (lol)

JE has 600k+, and it's just over 6 months old while the BG series have had years to sell + expansions as well.

You better learn to do math, moi boy. It's embarassing to have to embarass you so much.

You lose.

P.S. Hades, I never said BIo was dead. I said they were no longer independent. Big difference.

Edited by Volourn

I don't get why people use quotes from others for their sigs.  Don't you have any imagination?

Well in this case because it's a record of your prediction :)

Got to take my virtual dog for a walk but I'm still reading.

478327[/snapback]

"In terms of sales Biowares been on a downward slide since BG II hasnt it."

False.

False.

False.

Combined, BG and BG2 sold 5 million copies.

Combined, NWN and KOTOR has sold 5.5 copies.

JE has 600k+, and it's just over 6 months old while the BG series have had years to sell + expansions as well.

You better learn to do math, moi boy. It's embarassing to have to embarass you so much.

You lose.

P.S. Hades, I never said BIo was dead. I said they were no longer independent. Big difference.

Newsflash , you can't combine games together just to make yourself feel better. Take them as individual games and then tell me I'm wrong :)

I'm pretty sure NWN and KOTOR managed more than 5.5 copies too since I have 4 :)

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

BG1 + expansion sold 2.6mil copies.

BG2 + expansion sold 2.5mil copies.

NWN + expansions sold 3mil copies.

KOTOR + no expansion sold 2.5 copies.

You lose. Again.

Stop trying. You are losing here. Huge.

Game over.

NEWSFLASH: Your theory that BIO's sales have gone south since BG2 is plain old fashion FALSE.

"I'm pretty sure NWN and KOTOR managed more than 5.5 copies too since I have 4

Heh. must edit quicker. It's (obviously) 5.5 mil copies. :D

Edited by Volourn

BG1 + expansion sold 2.6mil copies.

BG2 + expansion sold 2.5mil copies.

NWN + expansions sold 3mil copies.

KOTOR + no expansion sold 2.5 copies.

You lose. Again.

Stop trying. You are losing here. Huge.

Game over.

NEWSFLASH: Your theory that BIO's sales have gone south since BG2 is plain old fashion FALSE.

Where are you getting these figures from ? Post a link to a source.

478327[/snapback]

"How far along is it anyway ?"

2007 at the earliest. Don't worry about it.

"Where are you getting these figures from ? Post a link to a source. "

I hate links. I hate sources. But I LOVE to embarass you.

LOVE > HATE so....

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/about/

Edited by Volourn

"How far along is it anyway ?"

2007 at the earliest. Don't worry about it.

"Where are you getting these figures from ? Post a link to a source. "

I hate links. I hate sources. But I LOVE to embarass you.

LOVE > HATE so....

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/about/

Funny your figures dont match those of the source.

Never going to happen :D

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, no longer independent like Origin Systems were no longer independent when EA took them over and they are just a corpse of their former selves.

Leave EA alone they make lots of money.

478327[/snapback]

"Funny your figures dont match those of the source."

Funny.

Are you blind, being silly for the heck of it, or just plain dumb? I'll let you decide.

I wrote: KOTOR sold 2.5 mil copies

Source wrote: "STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Released on the Xbox in July 2003 and on PC in November 2003 and published by LucasArts, this was the fastest-selling Xbox game in history at the time of its release

The game has sold over 2.5 million copies to date (Xbox and PC) and spawned a successful sequel which was launched in Xmas 2004"

I wrote NWN sold 3mil copies

Source wrote: "NEVERWINTER NIGHTS SERIES

Neverwinter Nights continues to sell well, with the compilation product Neverwinter Nights Gold (featuring Neverwinter Nights and the Shadows of Undrentide expansion) released in November 2003. A new compilation, Neverwinter Nights Platinum was released in September 2004, featuring Neverwinter Nights and both commercial expansion packs

The game debuted at #1 worldwide at launch. Neverwinter Nights and its two expansions have sold close to 3 million copies worldwide so far"

I wrote Bg sold 2.6 mil copies

Source wrote: "BALDUR'S GATE SERIES

Baldur's Gate, released in 1998 has sold over 2 million units for PC and has won many industry awards; in 1999, BioWare released Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, a Baldur's Gate expansion pack. It debuted at #1 worldwide and sold over 600,000 units"

I wrote BG2 sold 2.5mil copies

Source wrote: "BALDUR'S GATE SERIES

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, was released in Sept. 2000 and continued the award winning story line of the Baldur's Gate series, selling over 2 million units so far; in June 2001. Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal was released, the expansion pack to the award winning Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, and the conclusion to the Baldur's Gate series, selling more than 500,000 units"

It should be obvious my numbers wer epretty accurate to the source withiut being anal.

Stop embarassing. I'll let numbers speak for themselves and let others judge you for the foolishness you are.

Game over.