NHL is back

Fionavar

I'm so running a spyware search on my computer as soon as I'm done.

And to stay on topic, I'd like to give a shout out to Alexander Frololv and Marc Savard for saving my ass in my hockey pool tonight.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I went to a company party where they had free booze last night :wub:

I'm so sick I can barely stand up. I woke up at 6 in the morning, sleeping in a staircase of an unknown building, 8 european miles from home (that's like.. 128 american miles). A transvestite was kind enough to let me in so I didn't have to sleep outside in the cold.

Anyhow.. go Leafs.. woo..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And because I'm one of those stoopid people who has to work for a living I get to miss every game tonight!! Hooray for me! Here is hoping that I'm the Oilers bad luck charm and that with me not watching they'll snap their two game losing streak.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I went to a company party where they had free booze last night :ninja:

I'm so sick I can barely stand up. I woke up at 6 in the morning, sleeping in a staircase of an unknown building, 8 european miles from home (that's like.. 128 american miles). A transvestite was kind enough to let me in so I didn't have to sleep outside in the cold.

Anyhow.. go Leafs.. woo..

Managed to talk a couple of the boys around here into going to the Caps - Lightning game on the 23rd. 24th is the only day everyone would have off, so we're planning on taking the train in and getting blitzed. Only trouble is I'll be hung over and likely bitter for Thanksgiving, but since I was out of the country for the last two, I'm assuming everyone save the wife will forgive me. Oh, and the seats suck, but I hear Caps' attendance has been horrid, so maybe we'll mosey on down to center ice during the second period.

Here's hoping Ovechkin notches a hat trick.

I went to sleep when it was 2-2 in the Leafs game. When I woke up this morning they had let in three goals in the last period. What a great morning.

Jesus did any of you see the highlights from the Atlanta/Tampa Bay game? Ilya Kovalchuk scored a natural hat trick!! Plus another goal to boot. A few of them were from just over the blue line! And I laughed at all those people who picked him in the pool when he wasn't signed yet... :thumbsup:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And I laughed at all those people who picked him in the pool when he wasn't signed yet... :(

Don't worry about it. He only has 2 goals tonite.. so far. :ermm:)

You know, I was pretty bored this morning so I thought I'd test drive my NHL2006 with my XBOX live. Is it just me or is it silly to expect the other player to actually change their lines at some point in the match? What's the fun in the game if you play the whole game with Morrison/Naslund/Bertuzzi or Datsyuk/Zetterburg/Yzerman? I had about two decent matches out of eight and my record was a pitiful 1-7. :shifty:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

My opponents change their lines quite frequently.

EDIT: Didn't realize you were talking about online play.

Just make house rules to have fatigue on. See how long they keep that line out then.

Edited by alanschu

Is Ottawa as good as everyone makes them out to be?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Probably better. Heatley is hot as hell, Alfredsson is leading the entire league in points, Spezza is looking like Peter Forsberg and Hasek has played like he did in the 1998 Winter Olympics. Add to that some of the league's best d-men in Chara, Redden.. and Volchenkov (is that his name?) and you've pretty much got the complete package.

I wish the Leafs looked even half as good on a daily basis.

Probably better.

As great as Ottawa is right now, it won't mean siht unless they win the cup. They've owned in the regular season before. Then tanked once the big dance comes around.

**getting ready for Oilers/Blackhawks**

Rest in peace, Eddie Guerrero

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Belfour is not the only goalie lugging around high GA's and low save percentages. There is more shooting this year, more traffic, and more room to skate for forwards. Defensemen are crippled and goaltenders are paying the price.

I'm not a Belfour fan, but it sounds like he's playing pretty well. It's more important that he win games.

Well he did stop what, eighteen shots in the tilt against the Habs? In the first period alone? To hold your team in the game like that says he's still got some gas left in his tank.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well he did stop what, eighteen shots in the tilt against the Habs?  In the first period alone?  To hold your team in the game like that says he's still got some gas left in his tank.

How long till he retires? Not once has he played for a team I liked. He's always the one that playes for the team that ends up beating the team I like. Toronto? Stopped the Sens. Dallas? Always seem to stop the Oilers. STOP PLAYING SO WELL AGAINST TEAMS I LIKE! :devil:

The Blackhawks seem to have potential, unfortantly they have a real knack for shotting themselves in the foot.

As for Khabibulin, he's good and hes doing a good job lately of limiting rebounds, but you still need good defensemen to cut down the angles on those shot, until that happens his great efforts are for not.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.