NHL is back

Fionavar

I watched most of it. I was switching between the Oil and the Kings/Thrash/Nucks/Sabres games.

Morrison was alright for an Edmonton goalie. He stood up well to quite a bit of Shark pressure. There were a few video calls I didn't like, but thats NHL hockey I guess. Like I said before, Staios' goal was a beatiful effort, and I wish he had more chances like that. Aside from that Dvorak looks to be getting his legs back slowly but surely.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Haha....hopefully a Sportsnet is still on at 1 so I can see this.

In other news, hopefully ol' Cap'n Crunch continues to use his new found scoring touch. Peca certainly seems to be more active offensively. Wouldn't mind seeing him threaten the 50 point mark. I like him on the point of the PP2 unit. He doesn't have the most accurate of point shots, but there's also some assurance that we still have an effective defensive player up there. I know often when a forward is on that point, it makes a team more vulnerable to shorthanded odd man rushes.

Speaking of odd-man rushes while short-handed....remember that 3-on-1 the Oilers had against Chicago? Who gets a 3-on-1 short handed? :huh:

Edited by alanschu

I did kind of sneak up on you there didn't I?

Over the last four games its hard to remember the 3-on-1 (although I do) with all the turnovers and such. Tonight on the PP the puck was behind the net and there was only one Oiler fighting for it amongst three Sharks.

And I think Hemsky is going to get injured pretty soon. All the knee on knee shots he's been taking haven't helped. Big Georges nearly scored his first (again) tonight.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Playing well is alright, but I think its the two points that matter more.

Cory Cross stepped up bigtime the other night when Gator had the 10 minute misconduct but didn't stand out a lot tonight. I think he might have even broke the ten minute mark!!!

And the three game skip is bad enough, but when all four of the other teams in the conference keep winning it makes it even worse. Add to that SJ, PHX, ANA all getting points over the last week has made the line between eight and eleventh less than nine points.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hehe I figured someone would post that.

What awareness on the ice.

I hope he wins the Calder, and I think he's impressing enough that the media won't just shoo-in it to Mr. Crosby.

I think Ovechkin's flair helps him, as it brings a ton of attention to him. I wonder if Sid's production will be affected with the loss of Sir Ziggy

I only stayed up for the first period of the Oiler/Sharks game, so I'm actually surprised they took it to OT. Damn, the Sharks go 9-1 against the East but they can't win a conference game to save their lives. Ah well, sounds like it was a good game. Now the Sharks are 7 points out, but they have 3 games in hand against almost every team.

I really want to see the Avs fall. It looks like the Kings are going to struggle through the second half also. I don't care who falls out of the playoff picture, as long as the Sharks take it over.

The 'Yotes just gave away Nedved to the Flyers. I'm not surprised, but if Nedved remembers how to play, that will make the Flyers even more dangerous. I'm a little surprised they got almost nothing out of the deal. They got a guy I've never heard of who has 7 points this season. You would think a former superstar would have some value.

You can say that again.

Tonight Pheonix is raising former Winnepeg Jet great Thomas Steens' jersey to the rafters. Since last time around the Coyotes beat the Oil on Coffey jersey retirement night I think a win for Edmonton would be excellent payback.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif