NHL is back

Fionavar

I was hoping some of our American brethren on the boards could tell me if its a holiday in the U.S. today. I noticed some afternoon games and after checking my calendar I said hey, isn't monday a work day for the rest of the world?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Read a rumour that the Oilers might be going after Owen Nolan now that he's been cleared to play again! God, I'm glad we (Leafs) got rid of that overpaid piece of manflesh.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As a lifelong Oiler fan I would like to say, 'thanks but no' to Owen Nolan. Let him go to Calgary and hop on the IR. Edmonton needs a bonafide number one goalie more than anything. Except we're not willing to give up any good players.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ya, its a holiday: Martin Luther King Day.

The Blackhawks need to start thinking about the trade dealine.

If they really believe this season can be salvaged then its time to get somebody, if not they to try and see about getting some young players.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Given that he's a Swede, they'd have to be a gift from Monsieur Forsberg.

Yeah, I bet Forsberg still wears Avalanche thongs in secrecy.

Edit: Ovechkin is after tonight's games up to 32 goals, only 2 less than the leader Kovalchuk. Impressive.

Edited by mkreku

I'm going to have to make it a point to see Ovechkin next chance he's close.

Hopefully it will before next year when the pens are in houston

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

At the end of the second period Edmonton is still tied with Buffalo at one. It's been quite the night for the Oil, being 1-9 on the PK with about three more minutes to kill to start the third. And one of the few rookies to make it into our lineup scored a highlight reel hit and then proceeded to drop Andrew Peters before he even knew he was going to fight. Ray Ferraro is our color man. He blows monkey balls.

And in my weekly pool I picked 4 rangers, 4 devils and a king. Can you guess who gets the nice big fat succulent -with-butter goose egg tomorrow? I think I'll go make a post in the Oilers forum to further humiliate myself.

aww snap :lol: But then again two losses against two of the top four teams in the east shouldn't be looked down upon so much. Go Oilers!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Toronto has a chance to lose to a top team too tonight! I shouldn't have made fun of the thongs, now Sakic will be on a rampage and score 3 goals while wearing said thongs under his jockstrap.

Man did anyone see that Ovechin goal last line highlight of the year candidate I say

he's really lived up to expectations and themsome just wait till they get help for him Washington could be like Atlanta

Oh Kor I say your weekly pick at sportsnet almost similar to mine (martinr) 3 rangers- 1 devil-1 king- but I've be on a roll the last month so things will turn around

And so it seems Theodore is the reason why Montreal canned their coach

and Calgary remains in first place while Edmonton is 2 points behind Colorado in 4th huh

If Imageshack cooperates with me tonight I'll try to post it in here. That was a beaut.

and I could nae resize it so here is the linky to the forum I found it on. Just scroll down a bit. The first link is audio only, so don't bother unless you're bored.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

That goal and Jason Spezzas' from earlier in the season stand out as the top two for me so far. But when you add in shootout goals, I can think of a few Hemskys' as well as that super sweet goal by Marek Malik from NYR. Plus Sid had a decent one early in the campaign. Where's a highlight show when you need it?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Third loss in a row for the Leafs. They are slipping fast now. Also, this was the first game in a long roadtrip.. Bodes well, doesn't it? At least the otherwise very bleak captain (Sundin) put in an effort for once, scoring a goal and getting a helper. Not that it was enough or anything, but still a fall forward.

Carolina leading all teams in the NHL.. how did that happen?!

Well I'll be shelling out another 12 bucks to watch both teams square off on Thursday.

And last night I was cheering for the Leafs to win against the Avs. So much for that.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Zigmeister was always my favortie NHL midget.

Anyhoo, I can hear (D)ick Pound gloating right now. It turns out a player who was invited to try out for the American Olympic team failed his drug test.

'here' does not mean the same as 'hear'

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Anyhoo, I can here (D)ick Pound gloating right now. It turns out a player who was invited to try out for the American Olympic team failed his drug test."

Yeah. 1 out of 100. That is 1%. Far off from the 33% he suggested. If anything this disproves his little theory.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hurlshot, I think Vesa Toskala should be taking the video review judge out to dinner tonight after the game. Clearly he's in love with him for the three ( okay at least one for sure) goals he dissallowed for the Oilers. And how did you like Steve Staios' goal? Pretty nice if you ask me.

And tonight Lucky Luc Robitaille became the alltime leading goal scorer for the LA Kings. I tip my touque to you, good sir. And thanks for the three points in my hockey pool.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif