NHL is back

Fionavar

I thought that Thorny should have gotten two minutes, but a misconduct seemed pretty harsh. At least they both had time to kiss and make up while the game was being played.

Oh yes, Oil=win. Calgary=loss. Three points behind and catching. Now if the gorram Avs would cool off.

And I'm jazzed about thursday, the Rangers will be raising teh Mooses' jersey to the rafters. Thanks for leaving it all on the ice, MM!!! :(

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

centre ice for teh win?

I was particularily amused by Pens coach Michael Therriens' comments on his defensive squad after the game against the Oil. Here's a C&P from the Edmonton Sun:

"I'm not impressed. It's a pathetic performance,'' he warmed up.

"Half the team doesn't care!

"It's like 'Are you going to be happy to play eight minutes?' I'm not going to be happy with eight minutes!

"We should take 50% of their salaries because they only played 50% of the time!

WHAT'S THEIR GOAL?

"I'm really starting to believe the goal of our defence is to be the worst defensive squad in the league!

"They're doing the best job to be the worst defensive squad in the league!

"They turn the puck over. They have no vision. They suck!

"I've never seen a bunch of defencemen suck like this!

"The guys don't care! They pretend to care, but I know they don't care!''

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And they didn't do themselves any favors against a woken-from-the-grave Sergei Federov led Blue Jackets tonight.

So if Adam Foote is Columbus' captain and he's out on the IR and Tampa Bay releases their captain Dave NowayIcanspellthatone-chuck, does that make Jagr the gawd of captains right now? And is Scott Stevens still the captain in NJ now that he's working for Lou even though he's retired? A miniscule 2 T.O.M.B.S. for anyone who can name the Caps leader... :rolleyes:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

There was no insult (or mention, granted) of our Capitan, Alanschu.

And the fallout continues in New York. The Isles sacked their coach yesterday, and this morning they announced that GM Mike Milbury will be stepping down once a replacement is found.

Sure you can laugh at the guy for a lot of things, like Alexei Yashins' contract or the tradings of Roberto Luongo or Bertuzzi or McCabe, but I always liked mad Mike. Maybe its because he used to play with Terry O-****ing -Reilly back in their beantown days... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It was Milbury who made Tommy Salo cry during his arbitration hearing, wasn't it?

Well and hour and a half later Messiers' ceremony is finally done. Fans on the Edmonton Oiler boards are hellapissed because he didn't mention Edmonton. It's the Mooses' night , he can thank who he wants, I think. I even became a little verklempt, but that lasted all of a second.

The Oilers have their work cut out for them tonight. Fans at the Garden are animated like I haven't seen in years... :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Who cares what the Oiler fans think. Messier is more known for his Ranger years not his trashy Oiler years where Gretzky was overrated when Mess was the REAL heart and sould of that team as well.

LONG LIVE MOOSE!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No. Oilers who boo this night where its about celebrating Messier's time as a Ranger are the real trolls.

I am defending Messier, and the Rangers against the Evil Oiler Fans tm. Not the Good Oiler Fans tm.

This is about THE Captain of the New York Rangers; not Edmonton Oilers.

You guys will have your night if and when the Oilers retire #11. And, if he doens't mention NY on that night, I will repsect that as it will be Messier As Oiler Night.

Tonight was Messier + Rangers = Match Made In Heaven.

You are just in a foul mood 'cause your Oilers choked in overtime tonight. :(

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Plus the only Oilers of any significance was Warren Moon.

case closed

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No, this statement was the only thing that put me in a "foul mood." I actually missed the game because I was at a Bioware games night :("

Who cares what the Oiler fans think. Messier is more known for his Ranger years not his trashy Oiler years where Gretzky was overrated when Mess was the REAL heart and sould of that team as well.

Well I don't think we should worry either way because during the PPV the Oilers fourth string interviewer managed to get a minute teh Mooses' time during the third period. The schlub kept bringing up his time in Edmonton to the point that it was getting away from the focus of the night, and was downright tacky. And of course the Oil score the 4-4 goal while the interview is going on so it was in a split screen.

I don't see the point of setting Messiers five cups with Edmonton against the one he won in NY. I think the Oiler fans were more miffed because they had to sit through a ceremony that ran three times the length of an Oiler one.

I'm just glad that teh Oil earned a point tonight and Mike Peca seems to be finally showing some offensive flair. That and the fact that Calgary lost to the hapless Islanders.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I guess we should direct our Messier chat here so that we don't derail our beloved little on topic clutter free thread.

But then again we're just about at page forty so I guess it won't really matter since thats about lockdown length anyway.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I find it amazing that even when Washington only score one goal, it has Ovechkin's name on it. Sometimes it feels like he's playing all alone in a Washington sweater. And he doesn't have a Malkin to look forward to.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My girlfriend was cleaning out her clothes cupboard right now, and look what I found in the pile of "throw away":

AvalancheThong.jpg

AVALANCHE THONGS!

Just when you think you know a person..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!