NHL is back

Fionavar

Then call it a penalty infraction. I don't care for that kind of penalty clal; but I cna live it. But, fining players who dive; but not fining players who also trip, elbow, and crosscheck (not counting severe ones) is just plain silly.

I mean at leats when a player dives they aren't trying to physically hurt another player like tripping, elbowing, and crosschecking players are.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, they are. You trip someoneone going at the speed they're going at on ahrd ice it is an attempt to injure them as far as I'm concerned. Remember, that diving usually takes palces when another player is already hooking and/or grabbing the diver in question. Which is a whole 'nother reason why diving is a poor penalty to call in 99% of cases.

Edited by Volourn

Yes, theya bre. You trip someoneone going at the speed they're going at on ahrd ice it is an attempt to injure them as far as I'm concerned.

Don't you play hockey? When I trip someone it's to get an advantage in the game. When I elbow someone it's because I missed a hit (usually, doesn't happen very often). When I crosscheck it's to keep the other player down. Only time I try to 'hurt' another player is if I end up in a fight. And that doesn't happen very often.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, you 'accidently' hit someone with your elbow. I might buy that .111% of the time; but most oftne that isn't the case.

And, yes, I've played hockey. And, I've seen dirty players. I have *never* thrown an elbow. I have never crosschecked. Afterall, a crosscheck is using your stick to hit the player with force. I have accidently tripped someone when going for the puck so I can see that happening. Tripping to me is an acceptable penalty as it's something that can honetslky happen accidently frequently.

If you elbow someone and espicially if you crosscheck someone you are a dirty player.

And, yes, I am saying Mark Messier cna be a dirty player. So, you lose with that point.

I want clean hockey; not players trying to injure other players than claiming an 'accident' when they purposefully stuck their stick in someone's back or their elbow in someone's face.

Hahaha.

P.S. I suck at ice hockey 'cause I suck at skating. R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

On an unrelated note, Columbus' signing of Sergei Federov means that the Jackets have to free up some cap room. The first victim is former Oiler Todd ' hands of stone' Marchant.

Marchant had a career year for the Oil back in 02-03, the last year of his contract with the team (Marty Lapointe anyone) , with 20 goals and 60 points total. Edmonton offers a paltry million five to the guy, who says thanks but no, then signs a four year deal with Columbus worth 12-14 mil.

Now he's on the chopping block, and I'd hate to say this wouldn't have happened if he would've signed for less with the Oil, but...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"BTW, I didn't see much proof that tripping is all about knocking down fast skating players with an intent to injure either)."

Proof is in the pudding. Watch the game.

It's very often I say a player stick their stick in between the player who passing them's leg while NOT going for the puck to trip them off (or they'll hook them). That's intent to injur as far as I'm concerned.

Tripping and hooking are all about slowing down a fast player. I get tripped every single game I play. Usually I get at least one call out of it, but I expect to get tripped because I'm fast. If you get hurt on a trip, you aren't playing smart. If you are blowing by a defensemen, he's gotta do what he can to stop you. It's all part of the game.

Just finished reading an article out of USA Hockey, and Crosby isn't even listed in the Top Five Rookies. So much for him being the next Wayne.

By the way, I was just wondering what level and tier you were in mkreku?

Edited by kotorkyle

Not quite as scary as this, Mkreku... :-

leafblower507sv9ky.jpg

And for an added laugh check out the Edmonton Oilers website where under the live section you can hear Igor Ulanov talk perogies!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Urk!! What a horrible picture! Why did he have to steal my favourite Leafs suit?! I'll never be able to wear it in public again :p

Anyhow, Leafs won their third straight! Tellquist got a start and he was awesome! I really wish Quinn would give him a little more confidence. He used to be very good when he played in Sweden and in the swedish national team, but it seems he never gets to play with the big boys in North America. I don't trust Belfour anymore.

Ottawa won too. Alfredsson scored two new ones. He really wants that scoring title this year.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!