HL2 Lost Coast This Week!

Bokishi

You need to read, buddy. I already said that I have nothing against a story that is presented 100% from the protagonist's eyes. My problem is not with the way the story is delivered. However, there is no such story, and I'm still waiting for you people to tell me a HL2 story that isn't based off assumptions and loose comments and observations.

I want details, I want well defined, deep characters, I want a setting setup, I want motivations.

Then I'm surprised you enjoyed Half-Life as well. I didn't find there to be much for the stuff that you want in that game either.

Then I'm surprised you enjoyed Half-Life as well.  I didn't find there to be much for the stuff that you want in that game either.

Good point!

It's entirely possible that I might be seeing HL through a pink colored glass. It was a pretty revolutionary game and I had never played anything like it before. To be honest, I played it through only once. However, it was not as ambitious a project, and it didn't have a story to continue. But at any rate, the arguably thin plot of the original was better woven and better developed as well, if only because it didn't have any previous games to lean on. Even if the plot was simple, you knew what was going on. And it was a self-contained story; it didn't need any expansion packs to complete the story, though those certainly added in some flavor.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Can you imagine the outrage if HL2 had shipped without texture packs? Without speech?

Alas, those seem to be much higher in the priority list than the writing.

Aww c'mon now, would you really rather play a game without texture packs and speech than a game with (in some peoples opinion) flawed or lacking plot? :x

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I guess. I don't like playing storyless games just as I don't like eating breadless sandwiches.

All I know is that if I had known what HL2 was like, I would now have 50

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It might be lacking in introduction and story telling, but the overall feel to it was impressive in my opinion. Great visuals, gameplay and music is worth just as much as plot to me.

However I could have wished for a more impressive standard pistol. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Just downloaded it. Off to play.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You mean the installation web menu bugged for you?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I really enjoyed the demo, it was really impressive.

I'm running on a decent system, and I managed to get 25FPS+ most of the time on all the highest settings.

Some of the effects really awsome. I actually found myself turning away from the screen because of the lighting... it really felt like my eyes were adjusting to the light.

• 2 weeks later...