Peter Moore on X360 worldwide release

Epiphany

A console isn't a computer, regardless of what people think, Hades_One.

Hahaha! How many times can one person be wrong on the same forum? Is this fool trying to set a new world record or something? >_<)

Definition of computer:

Computer

- A programmable device that performs mathematical calculations and logical operations, especially one that can process, store and retrieve large amounts of data very quickly.

Now tell me.. which of these criterias does a 'console' not fulfill, Epiphany?

You know nothing. NOTHING.

Edit: One computer too many..

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A computer is a computer, regardless what it is used for, Epiphany.

A console isn't a computer, regardless of what people think, Hades_One.

:o:o:o

:thumbsup:

And I thought the 64-bit numbers gaffe was bad.

Consoles indeed are computers. I'm curious what you think makes them not computers.....

we get suprised on a daily basis around here.

WE certainly do. Like when people say this:

A console isn't a computer, regardless of what people think

You might as well not post anymore, because you literally have no more credibility after that one.

First you boondoggle the usefulness of 64-bit processing, and then later comeback and say "I was only talking about benchmarks." Then you basically tell the entire field of Artificial Intelligence research that all the work they're doing on statistical analysis to create more rational agents is nothing more than "choice" decisions. You then ignored my question pertaining to what you thought "logic" was when determining AI (I'm curious how much you really know about AI programming, and I think you started tossing around logic so much that it had begun to lose meaning).

I can add another question to that.....how are consoles not computers? And going back a little bit further, what significant differences for computers (or even "PCs") exist over consoles that would make a unified memory architecture (which apparently is infallible for the console) not work for a computer?

You might as well not post anymore, because you literally have no more credibility after that one.

First you boondoggle the usefulness of 64-bit processing, and then later comeback and say "I was only talking about benchmarks."  Then you basically tell the entire field of Artificial Intelligence research that all the work they're doing on statistical analysis to create more rational agents is nothing more than "choice" decisions.  You then ignored my question pertaining to what you thought "logic" was when determining AI (I'm curious how much you really know about AI programming, and I think you started tossing around logic so much that it had begun to lose meaning).

I can add another question to that.....how are consoles not computers?  And going back a little bit further, what significant differences for computers (or even "PCs") exist over consoles that would make a unified memory architecture (which apparently is infallible for the console) not work for a computer?

PC

Console

PC

Console

hmmm....

How are consoles and PCs so different that a unified architecture just cannot work on a PC?

What was your reasons for the usefulness of 64-bit processing again?

What exactly IS logic in AI programming?

How are consoles and computers different really that different?

The guy is a joke. And not even a funny one.

Just disregard whatever he writes, it's useless anyhow.

I almost wish I had voted yes in the ban thread. Too much stupidity in one forum is never good.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=6887

Dropping predictions from 2.5 million units sold in the first year to 1.5 million.

Also, he's calculated that Microsoft is losing $65-90 per Xbox 360 sold. That's bad, but not quite as bad as the PS3, which will apparently lose Sony $94 per unit sold.

Dropping predictions from 2.5 million units sold in the first year to 1.5 million.

Also, he's calculated that Microsoft is losing $65-90 per Xbox 360 sold. That's bad, but not quite as bad as the PS3, which will apparently lose Sony $94 per unit sold.

Sony make a lot of their own stuff which keeps the component cost down.

One rather hopes that Sony wont be money grubbing and charge

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just wondering what price is he using for the PS3 ? Since we already know the retail price of the 360, thats clear enough. But if he's actually using the same price for the PS3 I'd call that boardering on miraculous.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Analysts also predicted the Sony Playstation would never beat a Nintendo product.

Analysts are useless. They know nothing about gaming.