Why did they bother?..

Sikon

Bastila's Battle Meditation is not the unique ability that Bioware would lead you to believe it is. This is a quote from Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi- The Golden Age of the Sith. Jedi Odan-Urr is explaining the Battle Meditation ability to Jedi Memit Nadill:

The concept of Jedi Battle Meditation is simple, Memit Nadill.

Every fighter brings his own fears, his own hopes with him into combat...

With sufficient concentration, a Jedi --such as you or I-- can strengthen the hopes of our allies and heighten the fears of our enemies...

Thus, what the armies know in their hearts must become true... because they believe it so strongly.

Which means any Jedi can do it, but Bastila may be able to do it on a much larger scale than others or at a much younger age.

I would also like to state that these comics were published in 1997 and take place 1,000 years before Knights of the Old Republic, during the Great Hyperspace War.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords