The hunt continues....

Hildegard

With Osama caught or dead the US 'War on Terror' would be pretty much dead.... so no can do French sniper... :))

:mellow:

Is Osama the only terrorist in the world? I think not. And if he falls, someone will take his place, that is a 100% certainty.

So if the War on Terror is the true motive behind America's actions this is far from over.

However, it's not the true motive. No one is fighting terror anymore, unless one counts increased homeland security and files filled for what one's having for breakfast and stuff.

And apparently ithe motive is not oil either. ;)"

well if you want to get technical - Democracy is an idea - And we all live in a Representative Democracy.. not a true peoples-rule, but close enough for it not to be labeled Dictatorship.. but it's a thin line, I'll grant you that..

edit: and even thinner after the Patriot Act and other legislations passed in the US..

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

well if you want to get technical - Democracy is an idea - And we all live in a Representative Democracy.. not a true peoples-rule, but close enough for it not to be labeled Dictatorship.. but it's a thin line, I'll grant you that..

edit: and even thinner after the Patriot Act and other legislations passed in the US..

I will accept "The Thin Line" to close this argument before making a bigger fool out of myself. :o

:lol: 

Is Osama the only terrorist in the world? I think not. And if he falls, someone will take his place, that is a 100% certainty.

So if the War on Terror is the true motive behind America's actions this is far from over.

However, it's not the true motive. No one is fighting terror anymore, unless one counts increased homeland security and files filled for what one's having for breakfast and stuff.

And apparently ithe motive is not oil either.  ;)"

Oil is just one of the reasons....and no, Osama is not the only terrorist but the most famous one, and they've proven in Tora Bora their strategy not to catch him. This one with the French is yet another example, Osama serves the US more alive and cut from the rest of his organization then caught or dead.

Actually I couldn't disagree more with Astr0. I am friends with, and have interviewed many people fighting the 'War on terror' (they hate saying that btw) and 99% of them are in it because they believe terrorists are just unpopular politicians, hurting people because they can't accept no-one likes them.

Can't speak for you yankees, though. :D

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.