Strange but worked.

This still makes no sense for me, but I've found a way to get rid of all my stuttering/choppy performance on Kotor 1 & 2.

What I did was........

I started Kotor, loaded a game normaly. I was getting something like 18 fps on mostly anywhere in either Kotor 1 or 2, no matter what display settings I used. Then for some unknown reason, I minimized the game, launched Task Manager, and set the process priority for the game to Above Normal.

After doing that, the stutter was still present, but after I returned the game to Normal priority, it was so smooth it felt like I was watching a movie or something.

Now everytime I start Kotor, I minimize, lauch Task Manager, set process priority to any value (doesn't matter, I usually set it to Below Normal), and then set it back to Normal priority and the game plays super smooth. It works all the time with me, and I can't figure out what I does to have such effect.

My specs:

Athlon XP 1700+

1024mb PC2700 Ram

GeForce Ti4200 128mb

SBLive X-Gamer (using KxDrivers)

Maybe someone else could test this method and see if it improves something.

Have you tried doing it without changing the priority.

Maybe you're always getting the "ALT-TAB bug" where you have to Alt-tab out then back in? But that's usually cos of like a Windows mouse pointer popping up and stuff like that (and kills performance).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)