Icewind Dale II problem

Jumjalum

I did that the first time through, it's not impossible.

For example, every identical-looking area has a separate map, in which you can mark where each road takes the party. In a way, it is like making a map, someone might think it tedious, but I thought it was pretty cool, something that was missing from the IE Gen of crpgs.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

IWD2 comes with a load of pre-generated parties created by the developers. They're very good, try one out.

My evil party was only four strong: Sorcerer, Barbarian/Fighter, Cleric of Mask and Ranger/Rogue. With a sorcerer it's almost easy, for more of a challenge swap him out for a vanilla wizard. My good party was (Aasimar) paladin, rogue, fighter 4 / bard 'X', barbarian and druid. No problems whatsoever.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Played with a party 6 - Monk, Bard, Dwarf Fighter, Sorcerer, Ranger/Thief, Cleric/Fighter. Pretty easy actually, except for the

$%#@*%% Guardian. Enjoyed every area except for the Ice temple. Dragons Eye, Targos and the Fell Wood was very well done and contained some of the best traps, puzzles of any IE game. If I play it again I am going with a 4 person party I'm thinking - Druid, Barbarian, Mage, some type of Fighter/Thief.

My main complaints with this game are as follows;

Magic Items yes Magic Items 6 party members and 2 bags of holding and still not enough room to store everything. And not enough stores to sell anything I did not want.

Introductions to each chapter - This game really misses David Ogden Stiers, I felt they were terrible except for the 6th and final chapter which was brilliant.

Music - What music there was was excellent. Just not enough of it I'm afraid.

Also why did Madae have the same voice as my Bard??????????

By the way there is a new mod out for this game "The IWD2 NPC Project" not sure if it is any good it came out after I left Targos, I did not want to start over again.

I thought I'd load up a wee game of Icewind Dale II to while away the time until my main rig gets fixed but I've run into a couple of game buggering problems.

1) One of my tanks got hit by an energy drain by the ghost you encounter right at the beginning when you come off the ship, and the Targos healers don't have restoration as one of their services. Not even a full heal did the job, I think I should just kill him and then pay for his resurrection as he's not much use at the moment. Great I solved that myself (although I would like to know if there's an alternative), anyway onto number 2.

2) My first task for Shawford Crale at the palisade is to help some dwarf called Olaf repair the wall with some wood. He tells me to go and see a big fat guy called Lumbar and find out what the holdup is. When I ask Lumbar he tells me that everything with the lumber is fine now (even though I never mentioned lumber to him before) and gives me no dialogue that progresses things. Going back to the dwarf doesn't help as he just repeats his orders. I already fixed the crane before talking to either of them but I'm sure I did that last time I played and it didn't break the game. Are there any CLUA geniuses that know how to twiddle the right variables? I have Dalekeeper 2 installed if that helps.

Hi there

Please help me, I have the same problem Lumbar doen not want to speal to me?? How did you resolve it??

Kind regards

Hi,

If I understand correctly all I had to do was go and speak to Shawford at the Palisade since the mod I had removes lots of quests but doesn't change any of the feedback. Haven't used that alt in a long time, good to see that staring final is still going strong.

That NPC project seems cool, I might try it.

As for my party, my initial party was a horrible excuse of a working group composition. The second party, however, was a lot better, in the sense that I had all archetypes represented, yet had a some decent variety and unique feel to the thing. The party was lead by a human Banite priest, had a wild elf sorcerer as a support(magic-machine), a thiefling wizard/rogue to perform some light swashbucklery and a pure barbarian to drive the point in. After this I usually had a druid in the mix as well, since I felt that the class had easily the best and most interesting spell list in the game(+ shambling mound <3).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Spike stone+entangle+crushing wave+wall of moonlight+summon cave bears=teh awesomeness.

kirottu said:

• 3 months later...
Spike stone+entangle+crushing wave+wall of moonlight+summon cave bears=teh awesomeness.

Man, I was so awesome last year as well.

kirottu said:

I don't think there can be anyone who didn't love playing druids in IWD 2. They are a must in any party, since it's the first and last time they're actually been worthwile in an IE game.

I think it was the scouring of spellbooks to give them extra oomph that really made it. It made you ignore the lack of raise dead spells and somewhat useless shape changes. Druids could really prod the buttock.

In fact, I think I'm gonna do a solo run soon. Rogue/Druid, muhhah!

kirottu said: