OBS-05 Diplomacy

EnderAndrew

Itallian Times, Fall 1902

A Stir in Europe

As the glorious Italian government maintains the on going peace with it's good neighbor Austria, they continue to keep a watchful eye on those sneaky Turks. "It's not that we don't trust them, but you just never know what a Turk is capable of," stated the Itallian leader.

"However, I'd like to make it quite clear that although we are a peaceful nation, should the Russians or Turks attack our good friends the Austrians, then they will have to face the full might of glorious Italy. As such I would love a harbor a new friendship with my sovereign nation France - I wish him good luck in his camapaign against the English & Germans, but unfortunatley cannot yet aid him in his pursuits as I'm currently fully committed to repelling the would be scavengers of Austria. However, I promise a non-aggression treaty with France; under the condition that the mysterious French leader does not opt for a military buildup near our boarder - for the sovereign nation of Italy will consider a fleet build in Marseille this year to be an Act of War."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ack. We thought Sarah was in labor. She was having contractions every five minutes, but they sent us home from the hospital with sleeping pills. No baby, but we should have one very soon! Check the first post!

A Proclamation From Turkey

We would like to assure our Italian neighbors that we bear no ill will towards Austria, as we are sure Austria will attest. On the other hand, we have to wonder about what Italy and Austria have intended for us, as even though Austria says they have no alliance with the fine nation of Italy, Italy insists on calling the Austrian people 'friends' and saying that they will act on their behalf if Austria is attacked by either Russia or Turkey. Also, Italy's fleet prescence in the Ionian sea continues to make the Turkish Vizier nervous, especially with it's close proximity to the newly, how shall we say, 'accquired', Greecian harbor.

As for our neighbors to the Northeast, Russia, we bear no ill will towards them either, and are sad to see them squabbling over the nation of Rumania in such a fashion, and the Vizier can't help but wonder if Rumania would be better suited as a Turkish provincial territory.

England requests communication with Germany, in hopes of heading off any break in diplomatic relations. Should we receive none or no adequate explanation, we will consider your failure a sign of hostility and act accordingly. We warn our fellow nations not to trifle with the might of Britain.

We would also at this juncture welcome correspondence with the French. We have made no overtly hostile move towards each other, and thus should consider our future arrangements.

"War"-Moscow Free Press

Today December 5 1901 the Russian Empire has declared war on the vile heretical Empire of Turkey.

"May God be with us",said the beloved Tzar.

He also said and I quote:

"We have always been close friends with the Austrian Kingdom,we hope to remain that way in the years to come."

To our neighbors in the north, England, France would like to thank them for their peaceful attitude. Although I hope this should not become a problem, please know that movement into the English Channel will be considered an act of war.

Germany, the same goes for you with Burgundy.

To Italy, I will say this; the issue with the western half of the Mediterranean worries me. Do not send your ships in that area.

Fear not my French frog.

For you see, the good Archduke, the Tsar & myself had sort of set our minds on a rather ambitious invasion of Greece. As such, I'll be building another fleet to shove down Turkey's throat.

Therfore I now proclaim an truce with your sovereign nation, and impose a demilitarized zone: I vow to keep Piedmont and the Golf of Lyon demilitarized, but given this trust I expect to to reciprocate - and keep Marseille and the South Atantic demilitarized. Hence, I expect no military builds in Marseille whatsoever; or else I'll have to turn around and throw a pizza in your face.

After our kindred Austrians and I pillage and plunder the filithy Turks, and the Russians dip them in ritual aspic vodka, I will of course remember to bring you back the Sultan's head as a souvenir.

Sincerly,

The Itallian Man.

From the desk of the Sultan,

The Sultan is most displeased to hear of his neighbors treachery, and wishes to inform them that they can have Greece when they prise it from his cold dead hands.

At this very moment, the Sultan is ammassing military forces to obliterate the nation of Italy, as an example to Russia and Austria.

The Sultan is most perplexed as to what happened to the good relations he used to have with the Archduke of Austria, and would like to know if their hunting trip in the Balkans is now cancelled.

The blood of the infidels shall fill the battlefields for this grave injustice.

Truly yours,

Turkey

The Sultan is most perplexed as to what happened to the good relations he used to have with the Archduke of Austria, and would like to know if their hunting trip in the Balkans is now cancelled.

:thumbsup:

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Dear Frenchie,

I understand it may seem harsh, but you see - I'm building another fleet in Naples to Lepanto into Greece. As such, any conflict with you is not possible. But if we keep Marseille & Piedmont demilitarized, then thre's no way we can sneak attack each other, as we'd see the attack coming.

I look forward to long period of peace between our proud nations,

Pizzerlery yours,

The Itallian Man.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have to sneak access when I run home for supplies. They won't give me internet access at the hospital despite the fact they promised it to us! I'll try to get the builds up tomorrow!

Dear Frenchie,

I understand it may seem harsh, but you see - I'm building another fleet in Naples to Lepanto into Greece. As such, any conflict with you is not possible. But if we keep Marseille & Piedmont demilitarized, then thre's no way we can sneak attack each other, as we'd see the attack coming.

I look forward to long period of peace between our proud nations,

Pizzerlery yours,

The Itallian Man.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have to sneak access when I run home for supplies.  They won't give me internet access at the hospital despite the fact they promised it to us!  I'll try to get the builds up tomorrow!

I realize that, I was just thinking maybe a couple nations hadn't submitted their builds, like with the orders last time, and you could like, tell them to get on it.

Since you've been posting press releases and all.

Also, I think the the hunting trip is off, but that's just me.