Why cant someone make a real RPG?

roshan

Dude in the missle silo has to die, get knocked unconcious, whatever, to win the game. If you don't kill him you don't stop the countdown, therefore not completing the main objective, therefore not being able to continue to the game. Anna Navarre HAS to die one way or another for you to be able escape Unatco HQ, therefore continuing the game. If you don't kill her, Jacobson won't give you the key to the infinite lock door, leaving you stuck, and unable to continue.

That's a point. I used tranquilizor darts on all the UNATCO guys. I guess I could have used non-lethal means on everyone, except Bobby. (Not sure about Navarre, I'll try it next time.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I doubt sombody with more technology in them than I have in front of me could be knocked out by a gazillion paralysis darts or stun charges.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

[DeusExfanboyishness] But they arn't the uber Hyper Dooper people who work for unatco[/DeusExfanboyishness]

That's a point. I used tranquilizor darts on all the UNATCO guys. I guess I could have used non-lethal means on everyone, except Bobby. (Not sure about Navarre, I'll try it next time.)

I believe Navarre, Hermann, and the MiB/WiBs explode when you knock them out, be it via electric prod or darts. But anyway, I don't think it would be much fun to play the whole game without killing anyone. Not that I favor wanton slaughter, but sometimes it can be annoying to get past certain points without somebody knocking an alarm or shooting at you. ;)

EDIT: No, actually they don't. Navarre and Hermann can't be knocked out and the MiB/WiB don't explode if you put 'em to sleep.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think tranq darts do anything to her.

In fact, I think she gets a bluish energy shield over her if you try hitting her with one.

I love that implant that makes the missiles explode. I just have it at level 2, and even then that's more than enough to ensure that all the Commando missiles detonate safely in front of me.

It was hilarious being attacked by about 3 of them from long range, as I took them out with my sniper rifle and all their rockets prematurely exploding. Good fun :D

Can't wait to get it to level 4. Hopefully I can get them to kill themselves!.

It's really funny when they pop one off at you and you have a maxed out Aggresive Defense Drone. They blow not only themselves up, but everyone near them too.