Why cant someone make a real RPG?

roshan

So who are the two?

One must be either Navarre or Lebedev. And the second must be Bob.

Just perusing the FAQ on PDX, and came across this:

There are at least 19 aug upgrade canisters in the game. Also, it is not possible to install duplicate augs, but it is possible, if you find a duplicate canister, to install both augs from one canister. (for information about the augs: http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx1/player/augmentations/)

WTF? Is that right? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"real" as in true to the PnP roots.

"fake" as in the slop that is served up as RPG, when in fact is trash like *thinks carefully before insulting one part of the audience* games that have RPG-elements.

And no story. RPG needs a good, gripping, compelling and riveting story.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you play Deus correctly you don't have to FIGHT a single character. you still have to use killphrases.

you don't have to fight Anna, just go along with her and you go to the cell like usual. Only thing is you have to decode her Killphrase at her desk. Flatlander Woman. Gunther you kill with a phrase (Laputin Machine) and Simons you blow by. If you kill Lebedev you get extra points and Anna Likes you, If you let him live she killes him and orders you home with hatred in her heart...

Dum ditty dum ditty dummmmmm.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The poiint oifi this thread is that games like balduiiris gate are far from being real rpgs.

And rather than playing pnp, better goii play pst and falloiuit.

Gabrielle doesn't like to waste time reading threads, she just shoots from the hip ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you play Deus correctly you don't have to FIGHT a single character. you still have to use killphrases.

you don't have to fight Anna, just go along with her and you go to the cell like usual. Only thing is you have to decode her Killphrase at her desk. Flatlander Woman. Gunther you kill with a phrase (Laputin Machine) and Simons you blow by. If you kill Lebedev you get extra points and Anna Likes you, If you let him live she killes him and orders you home with hatred in her heart...

Surely killing is killing, whether using a killphrase or not?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The poiint oifi this thread is that games like balduiiris gate are far from being real rpgs.

And rather than playing pnp, better goii play pst and falloiuit.

Gabrielle doesn't like to waste time reading threads, she just shoots from the hip ...

I tend to ignore posts that is unreadable.

"Shoot from the hip"? I just say what's on my mind.

I think it was Spector who said you don't have to actually FIGHT anyone, not necessairly kill. And notice I initially said fight anyway?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I tend to ignore posts that is unreadable.

"Shoot from the hip"? I just say what's on my mind.

No, you tend to come into the last page of a thirty page thread and start shooting off, without thought to the previous pages' conversations that you have missed!

Try reading THE FIRST POST: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)!

I think it was Spector who said you don't have to actually FIGHT anyone, not necessairly kill. And notice I initially said fight anyway?

I think that is your imperfect recollection. Bah. Anyway, I hope this Zodiac mod is fun ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Dude in the missle silo has to die, get knocked unconcious, whatever, to win the game. If you don't kill him you don't stop the countdown, therefore not completing the main objective, therefore not being able to continue to the game. Anna Navarre HAS to die one way or another for you to be able escape Unatco HQ, therefore continuing the game. If you don't kill her, Jacobson won't give you the key to the infinite lock door, leaving you stuck, and unable to continue.