Gaza Strip

EnderAndrew

This is one reason why the Palestinians are so oppressed: it is useful for the other Arab states to have them there ...

Bingo.

So, in the bigger picture of reducing totalitarianism across the world, helping the Palestinians establish a state of their own is a Good Thing.

We just need to help them control Hamas and Hizbollah (I think murder is justified in certain circumstances).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So, in the bigger picture of reducing totalitarianism across the world, helping the Palestinians establish a state of their own is a Good Thing.

We just need to help them control Hamas and Hizbollah (I think murder is justified in certain circumstances).

I agree with this 100%. Except the murder bit, lest I'm accused of contradicting myself. :)"

For stating that pressure and attacks from Hamas appear to have led the Israelis to call it a day in Gaza?  Go for it.

No, for implying that terrorism is the way to go. And your post has been deleted already, so yes, I'm going for it. :thumbsup:

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree with this 100%.

For stating that pressure and attacks from Hamas appear to have led the Israelis to call it a day in Gaza?  Go for it.

No, for implying that terrorism is the way to go. And your post has been deleted already, so yes, I'm going for it. :thumbsup:

I'm implying that terrorism worked, nothing more.

You yourself have said so numerous times, stating that Israel withdrawing from Gaza is giving in to the demands of terrorists.

The difference is that you admitted that by siding with a terrorist you are due what the terrorist sought to begin with. That is effectively advocating terrorism.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Whatever. You just keep nitpicking and dodging the issue when your arguments are dismantled. And the mods already deleted your post, so I think it's time you had a nice cup of STFU. :thumbsup:)

Okay, I've received word from various people regarding this thread. I've received both PMs and emails. This thread is alive right now because I have faith in you guys to discuss the issues. However, if I am forced to close this thread, which I would very much like to keep open, because of harsh words or personal attacks, then I will give an official warning to the person who put me in such a position.

Don't bypass the language filter. Don't call each other names. Don't make me clean up this one horse thread.

You'd be amazed at how much extra work this thread is. I've received three reports in regards to this thread already.

Stop trying to one-up one another and stick to the issues. What's bad is the thread really isn't all that rowdy. I mean, I've received three reports on this thread and one entire thread elsewhere that amounts to the same as a report and yet it really doesn't seem that bad. Yes, my numbered friend was completely out of line to bypass the filter. Other than that one slip, numbers has contributed to the discussion as a whole. The discourse has been more or less resonable.

Get a grip on yourselves and enjoy the debate. If I am forced to turn sheriff because of cowboy rowdiness, I'm going to lay down the law. :Eldar's angry like he's going to turn all sheriff on the members icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Whatever. You just keep nitpicking and dodging the issue when your arguments are dismantled. And the mods already deleted your post, so I think it's time you had a nice cup of STFU.  :thumbsup:)

Dodging what issue? You've admitted that terrorism worked in the Gaza situation. I don't even actually think it was wholly terrorism, but more a combination of terrorism and negotiation.

But you've stated numerous times that the pullout is a bow to terrorist demands. I said the exact same thing, and all of a sudden my argument's dismantled?

As you can see, I like to get the last word. The thread is closed. You guys can go cool down and rejoin the fray as soon as your tempers allow.

Although the noob sheriff badge was funny, it had to go also. I'm taking my own advice and waiting until I discuss the issue with the other mods before I take actions, such as warnings. I, also, would like a chance to cool down and think over this issue.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!