Post your favourite song lyrics.

kirottu

To Mothie:

Sheesh, talking about petty. Did you take it that seriously? I mean; blatant?  You make it sound like the song was some kind of malcotent.

I didn't take it that way, but someone else might. And that wasn't my main point either, as said in my EDITED post above. If I wanted to condemn a song for being blatant, I would have mentioned Baley's song instead. :)

Sure, dismissed. I just found the wording to be odd.

So, lyrics anyone?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Okay, break it up! Enough of yer shinanegans! It's time fer the lot o' ya to go about yer business. Anyhow, as much of a pain as this thread is, I'd like to keep it open. Post a lyric. Here, I'll post one in honor of me good friend, Fionavar:

PUFF

THE MAGIC DRAGON

PUFF, the magic dragon lived by the sea

And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee,

Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal PUFF,

and brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff.

OH PUFF, the magic dragon lived by the sea

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail

Jackie kept a lookout perched on PUFF's gigantic tail,

Noble kings and princes would bow when'er they came,

Pirate ships would lower their flags when PUFF roared out his name

OH, PUFF, the magic dragon lived by the sea

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys

Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.

One gray night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more

And PUFF that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,

PUFF no longer went to play along the cherry lane.

Without his life-long friend, PUFF could not be brave,

So PUFF that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave.

Oh! PUFF, the magic dragon lived by the sea

And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That song is so gay in english. Woah...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

What was wrong with my song?As Mus said,it's fairly generic.It could've been much more extreme.

Probably the replete references to violence and against a particular religion. And it wasn't necessarily the song itself, just that it seemed hypocritical to allow things like that but not things like sexual references. But I've said enough already. And since it was deleted anyway, there's really nothing else to talk about. :)

I find it interesting that singing about killing christians is considered to be acceptable by the music media,but singing about killing jews and muslims is condemned for being fascist.Strange...

PS. Mus,you're Swedish right?How do you pronounce Watain?Is it with a "V" or a "W"?I'm not sure how it works in Swedish.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I'm Finnish, but draakhie is from Gothenburg.

Care to elaborate, draakh?

kirottu said:

Poser :huh:

kirottu said:

It's just Kafty. :huh:

Say hi.

kirottu said:

Okay, break it up!  Enough of yer shinanegans!  It's time fer the lot o' ya to go about yer business.  Anyhow, as much of a pain as this thread is, I'd like to keep it open.  Post a lyric.  Here, I'll post one in honor of me good friend, Fionavar:

PUFF

THE MAGIC DRAGON

*snip* nefarious drug paean in disguise *snip*

Whoa! Hold on there, sir! Are you aware of the fact that said song was in fact banned in 1964 due to its highly obvious pro-drug stance? Im afraid I will have no choice but to issue a warning, this kind of highly imoral behaviour does not belong on our fine boards. And in the name of our own reverend Fionavar? Shame on you!

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

I know.

I just like to post.

kirottu said:

Whoa! Hold on there, sir! Are you aware of the fact that said song was in fact banned in 1964 due to its highly obvious pro-drug stance? Im afraid I will have no choice but to issue a warning, this kind of highly imoral behaviour does not belong on our fine boards. And in the name of our own reverend Fionavar? Shame on you!

Urban Myth Debunked (or is it? :ph34r: )

I love that song, ever since my class won a singing competition with it when I was nine. :huh:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I love that song too. But the finnish lyrics are so much better. And less trippy.

kirottu said:

Okay, break it up!  Enough of yer shinanegans!  It's time fer the lot o' ya to go about yer business.  Anyhow, as much of a pain as this thread is, I'd like to keep it open.  Post a lyric.  Here, I'll post one in honor of me good friend, Fionavar:

PUFF

THE MAGIC DRAGON

*snip* nefarious drug paean in disguise *snip*

I was wondering who would bring that up first. Didn't expect it to be another mod though. :huh:

To WinterSun(a cool band btw)

Well, UK has at least Cruachan and Primordial. It's not so bad, you could live in New Zealand.

kirottu said:

Indeed there is:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/jarimetal/wintersun...tersun_news.htm

Spinefarm-licensed.

kirottu said:

I actually saw the band a few months back in Tuska Open Air. Pure gold.

kirottu said:

Natural evolution of Emoticonia-family, of course.

kirottu said: