RPGDot

EnderAndrew

To be honest, I'm not happy with the Beyond Divinity score either, although I am comfortable with the text. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :blink:

Despite the lip-service people pay to not liking scores (in general - I don't mean anyone specifically) -- they love 'em. So, I don't think we would ever get rid of the score but we did revamp the scoring system and get rid of the stupid category weighting we had, so I hope you will see improvements over time.

I think that most reviews are written after a reviewer is maybe 10 hours into a game. If I were to write a review 5 hours into Doom 3 I'd give it an unfairly high score and the same can be said of games like Jade Empire who start rather strong, but peter down the to the finish and end at 15 hours.

Hindsight is 20/20 supposedly. I think it might be interesting to ammend reviews upon finishing a game.

No, no, no - that's not what I meant. I have never, ever written a review without finishing the game - I don't try to compete with those sites rushing to be first (or second, or third... :lol: ). I did, however, have some internal debate on a few issues and it took me longer than expected to finish the game and replay some sections. I wrote the article but didn't have a firm score in my head...in the end I rushed deciding on the score because I wanted to finish and move on to other projects. Mea culpa. If you read the article rather than just glance at the score, I still think it stands up. I'm sure others will disagree. :thumbsup:

For me RPGdot has aways been "the second best news site", something I read on the wing of a better one. However, take point; it's always been the second best, no lower. Though I sort of stopped reading while the Fable-add popups cluttered the site.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That is something I'd rather not discuss. Sorry.

But, RPGDot has always been the more shall we say, serious one. Trustworthy too. Friendly even, if you dismiss the moderators. The other site holds altogether different merits. RPGDot is not worse, in sense. This is mostly a taste issue. :shifty:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest Fishboot

It would be difficult to find Kristophe's reviewing style more annoying. It's like he's boiled down the review for an idiot, and then he re-inflated it to page length by putting in spoilers and egoism.