Vrook (grrrrrrr)

Master Atris was trying to discover the identity of the threat facing the Jedi. She is the one who called the last Jedi Conclave on Katarr, and then "leaked" that information so that she might discover the truth.

Not everything went according to plan, as we well know. She never invisioned such a great attack could take place. Once this happened she was on the verge of going insane, locking herself in her meditation chambers with the Sith Holocrons to delve even deeper into their teachings, determined to uncover the mysteries clouding the Jedi Order. Not being seen for days or weeks, this is when she was corrupted by the dark side of the Force. She just could not see that she was, nor would she ever acknowledge it, until Kreia finally showed her the truth years later.

So no, she did not go to Katarr. But Vandar was among the many who did attend, and he is dead now. Unless you played Revan as a dark side character in K1. But even then, he died during the assault on the Star Forge.

Either way, he gone bye-bye. :rolleyes:

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Vandar went to Katarr, to the last Jedi Council. He died there.  :thumbsup:

Vandar was believed to have died at Katarr. But then again so was Atris. A couple of the Masters comment that they were surprised when the Exile says Atris is on Telos since they thought she died at Katarr.

Yes, but while we know that Atris lived (or indeed never went to Katarr at all), the problem if Vandar lives is that Nihilus' destruction on Katarr is reduced to almost nothing storywise, because if Vandar and several other masters did not die there after all, then what does it matter dramatically that the jedi there were killed by Nihilus? Nothing, because we don't care about the other jedi - we don't know them and never met them, so they are nothing to us.

One thing I really didn't like in K2 was that the mentioned that both Zhar, Dorak and Vandar had perished on Katarr, because that means they all survived Malak's attack on Dantooine in K1, and if that is so, then why should we care about it, when none of the characters we knew there died. Vandar, Dorak and Zhar obviously all survived to then die on Katarr (or Vandar in the StarForge battle if Revan was DS), and naturally Vrook survived too, since we meet him again in K2...

If they do a K3 and the player sets Revan to LS, I think they should mention that Juhani also died on Katarr...

Nice to see the discussion about Vandar again. I created a Poll a long time ago and about 35% agreed that Vandar would be alive.

Then I created a possible storyline and make Vandar a party member. And it took resistance, O yes.

About Vrookie. I most often kill him, even when I am Light side. I actually thought that he would like to be shipped to Nar shaddaa and be left alone. That was his plan, wasn't it.

Master Vandar lives!

Juhani died on Katarr?

I don't think the game says so. It does say that lots of Jedi died on Katarr, so if the Kotor 3 writers want this, it's perfectly consistent with what's been said. On the other hand, with Bastila reappearing and the Jedi Masters not knowing about Atris or Kreia, it's possible that Juhani was just hiding and could reappear.

It would be a mistake to bring her back, certainly as a follower - she's not really a much-loved character. Kotor 2 might have erred on the side of bringing too much from Kotor 1 (Vrook :angry: ) without doing what people really wanted, which was to continue the story and the Revan-Bastila/Carth romances. :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Don't tell me you didn't know that you didn't know that Juhani can be killed in Kotor I, either in the grove or on the temple if Revan went DS.

Of all the possible permutations and combinations of outcomes of Kotor 1, some have I think been 'pruned' for inconsistency and to keep the numbers down.

For example, I think it's technically possible to save Bastila on the Star Forge if Revan is LSF (light-side female). However, it makes less sense than the 'romantic/I can save you because I love you' of the LSM Revan, so it's assumed that if Revan is LSF, Bastila is dead.

By the same policy, it's possible to kill Juhani and then proceed to the LS ending, but this permutation deserves to be pruned as well. If Revan is LS, Juhani survives.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)