Not a KoTOR 3 thread.....

Carnage

Yuuzhan Vong

For those who are curious.

Right.

1. That's 4000 years in the future, so no good for this timeframe. Although, it could work if there was some sort of (accidental?) contact between their ancestors and the KotOR galaxy, perhaps this first contact might set them off on their xenophobic fate?
  2. They wouldn't work as the main protagonists, because they are clearly evil, although it is quite possible that their forefathers were good and got burned in this encounter. They also could work as an auxilliary military force, just as the Mandolorians were adjacent to the Republic and Sith in K1 and K2.
  3. The Exile / protagonist of K3 might end up becoming the leader of this bunch of wierdos, in a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy kind of way:
    • if the PC is evil at the end of the game, their hatred stems directly from this game, or
    • if the PC is good, then some reactioinary coup results from the "outsider" taking control of their mostly peaceful civilzation, which in turn causes the turn to fundamentalist religious extremism and xenophobia, together with a deep desire for vengence on the GFFA.

[*]The protagonist of K3 would be acting in the wishes of the Force (to cut the link between the Force and the galaxy), but the actual reason need never be known (who can know the mind of God == the Force?), and the convergence of the fates would be seen as:

• militarily expedient
  • philosophically demonstrable proof of the Force's will manifested (add convenient visions, as necessary)

[*]The protagonist could conceivably be a Force Sensitive who turns away from the Force, like the Exile, only learning from the Exile and Kreia to sever the Force's influence, as per its wishes.

[*]As with all mythic tales of Gods, there is no way to irrevocably destroy the Force, or its link with the galaxy, so there might be a small pocket of Jedi Monks who form the future Jedi Knights of the film era ...

What do you think?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What do you think?

I think you put much too much thought into a post about an idea utilizing the Yuuzhan Vong. :)

What's worse is I managed to link the Not K3 thread to the K3 suggestions thread, so now I may have triggered this threads close.

So I officially retract my idea. :D

(Also, it is pretty silly submiting plot ideas, even though all of mine are brilliant and should be bought for the potential film rights, alone. :(")

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

(Also, it is pretty silly submiting plot ideas, even though all of mine are brilliant and should be bought for the potential film rights, alone. :(")

The only brilliant plot idea you presented was the one you stole from me. :)" :p

But yeah, plot ideas probably aren't even worth the bandwidth since assuming the game gets developed, whomever develops it will have a clear idea of what he wants the story to be about.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Although, it could work if there was some sort of (accidental?) contact between their ancestors and the KotOR galaxy, perhaps this first contact might set them off on their xenophobic fate?

I dont read the Star Wars novels, so I have no way of knowing for sure, but some have speculated that the ship Canderous talks about in one of his war stories in K1 is a Yuuzhan Vong ship.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

doesn't anyone read my posts anymore? :'(

I'll say it again

according to the later books in the NJO, the Yuzzan Vong come from a planet that is alive in the unknown reigons. The reason why they can't access the force is because it would be like having a single cell trying to access it. Not entirly sure why they be disconnected.

^ explaines exactly what the Vong are according to the most recent book.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

doesn't anyone read my posts anymore? :'(

I'll say it again

according to the later books in the NJO, the Yuzzan Vong come from a planet that is alive in the unknown reigons. The reason why they can't access the force is because it would be like having a single cell trying to access it. Not entirly sure why they be disconnected.

^ explaines exactly what the Vong are according to the most recent book.

That's not quite how it is. Zenoma Sekot is a Force sensitive planet that the original Vong came from. I forget exactly what happened (something to the effect of the Vong species becoming to bloodlust and war mongering for ZS's taste), and thus they were expelled from their own planet to forever roam the galaxy about their seedships.

It was nothing to do with having some single cell or whatever and had everything to do with the power being stripped from them because of the way they were becoming a barbaric society.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)