New Aftermath Information

alanschu

Hrm indeed.

Hopefully it's just that. A distribution contract.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That is all according to the previous press releases: Valve and VU were set to part ways in August as a consequence of the legal battle that Valve recently won.

I know EA is a 500 pound gorilla, but I doubt it's a hostile takeover ... Valve justs wants to maximise sales by having a standard distribution vector, as well as their spiffy new shiny Steam.

:-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Anyway, does anyone have an idea when Lost Coast is going to appear in Steam? I'm ravenous for more HL 2.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have no evidence, but I would not be surpirsed if it was end of September / start of October (last Quarter of 2005, beginning of Winter / Christmas).

That raises a question: I don't believe the Lost Coast will be available for the console version ... does anyone know for sure, either way?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have no evidence, but I would not be surpirsed if it was end of September / start of October (last Quarter of 2005, beginning of Winter / Christmas).

That raises a question: I don't believe the Lost Coast will be available for the console version ... does anyone know for sure, either way?

Not unless they ramp it down significantly.

Lost Coast is being made as a game only for people with really high end machines.

Valve are basically taking the engine as far as it can go with it and making everything look fancy.

Lots of people who could play HL2 won't be able to play Lost Coast, myself included probably.

Not to mention I don't have the bandwidth to download it.

<grumbles>

Lost Coast is being made as a game only for people with really high end machines.

Valve are basically taking the engine as far as it can go with it and making everything look fancy.

Lots of people who could play HL2 won't be able to play Lost Coast, myself included probably.

<grumbles>

Not necessarily; assumptions of ass and you make, youngling:

9 August 2005

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

<grumbles>

Not necessarily; assumptions of ass and you make, youngling:

9 August 2005

I've seen that, I know.

But last I read on the Steampowered boards, that was what they were saying about Lost Coast.

Aftermath should be playable by nearly all though. :p

Well, I seem to be above average, so I hope I'll be able to play it ...

Something I just noticed, for all you linguists out there, what is the difference between Korean (Adult) and Korean (teen) ? :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It was pretty lame.

It is basically the original Half-Life story, but from a Barneyesque viewpoint (hence the name).

But the length is gimped, the gameplay nerfed and the enjoyment paled.

But it's okay for a couple of hours.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I knew that it was from Barney's perspective.

Just like how Opposing Forces was from Sheppard's perspective.

I'm kind of hoping for an Opposing Forces 2 addon as well, but Opp Forces wasn't a Valve game, so I'm not holding my breath.

It was pretty lame.

It is basically the original Half-Life story, but from a Barneyesque viewpoint (hence the name).

But the length is gimped, the gameplay nerfed and the enjoyment paled.

But it's okay for a couple of hours.

I bought it. It was worth it, if only to get the HD pack.

My question is that since Half Life Source used the old models and not the improved Blue Shift models, will they gimp the Blue Shift source models?

Uh, you don't want to ask that. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My question is that since Half Life Source used the old models and not the improved Blue Shift models, will they gimp the Blue Shift source models?

Well the HD pack was an add-on; technically the Blue Shift models were identical to the Half-Life models.

So, Yes, to answer your question. :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Blue Shift addon will do so, and improve Half-Life: Source.

Clearly there are people that are disappointed with the character models of HL: Source, so maybe they'll try to rectify the problem.

They could.

Although I would think that the textures would require the bump-mapping features on them themselves. Speaking from a position of ignorance, I would think that they would have to actually spend time creating new textures to take advantage of the pixel shading and bumpmapping effects.

They'd need to create new textures, not new models though.

I'm pretty sure the textures need to support the bump-mapping and pixel shading effects, otherwise they would have simply turned them on since there'd be zero additional work for HL: Source (unless they current textures would look like absolute ass with the bumpmapping and pixel shading).