T.O.M.B.S.

I'm finishing up a website, and putting a new power supply in my main PC (again), and reinstalling Windows, etc.  I can't tell you the number of PC crashes I've had due to power problems.  Argh.

It might be a little late, but the Hiper Type-R Modular 580W PSU just got a 90% rating in the UK PC Format (

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Since I am a firm believer in the duality of man, I will henceforth write down the stats of no other than yours truly. If you think its cheating, you will be banned.

Kaftan Barlast

Attributes:

Intelligence - 1 - Can count to 9 but everything between 3 and 9 is 4

Wits - 1 - Mmmh...umhm...uuuh..?

Will - 1 - Devout Scientologist

Chutzpah - 0 - Does not speak Yiddisch

Manipulation - 1 - Can manipulate lighter objects like dust or small bits of hair

Charisma - 1 - Like a rock or other inorganic, inanimate object

Skills:

Derailing - 1 - Has yet to make an on-topic post

Private Messaging - 2 - Sometimes sends inane gibberish to random board members

Spam - 3 - His natural state of being

Tip-Toeing - 1 - Not only does he lack warnings, but he is in fact a *CENSORED*

Backgrounds:

Fame - 4 - Unfortunantly, this member is unfortunantly quite well known

Respect - 0 - :p

Dupe Accounts - 3000 - Member's other account is a *CENSORED*

:)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You cheated.

That post you just made was on topic. Actively resigning your Derailing stat. Eat that. :p

And your Int is way higher.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

We need a few more suggestions for merits and flaws then.  For the time being, people can rate each other and either post said ratings publicly here, or send them to me in email.

I'm curious to see how people are going to rate me.

What you are proposing is a fully democratic rating system of each member; a sort of peer-review (literally!). If the self-appraisal is included (and I'm not convinced it is a good idea), then it would need to be weighted in some way (or even a seperate score to compare self image with external?) ...

There needs to be a map of skills for:

• posing interesting questions / topics
    e.g. Kaftan's (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>), with scores for:
    • originality,
    • topicality,
    • relevance to the forum,
    • interest;

[*]answering the question posed

• accurately,
    • concisely,
    • without deviation
      e.g. Eldar would score highly on these points (probably why he was nominated and accepted as a mod)

[*]providing extra info

[*]providing interesting info (whether relevant or not; i.e. derailing into an interesting

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm wonder how much work it would be to set up a automated stats calculator. So that anyone can register themselves for voteing, but they remain a simulation untill they have X votes, once a sufficient vote count is reached the system could automaticaly update said "persons" character sheet to reflect the votes.

Of course cheating might be a bit of a problem...

Hmm wonder how much work it would be to set up a automated stats calculator. So that anyone can register themselves for voteing, but they remain a simulation untill they have X votes, once a sufficient vote count is reached the system could automaticaly update said "persons" character sheet to reflect the votes.

Of course cheating might be a bit of a problem...

Too much.

So, this is a gigantic circle jerk of some kind me?

(Oh, you lovely Flame skillpoints, what would I do without you?)

That's trolling, not flaming. :lol:

SIGN ME UP!

Not really. Or yes really. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW!

And the beauty of the process is that everyone carries on normally; the character sheets are merely a snapshot taken by others, and require no input from the person in question.

Therefore, whether you are "in", or not, is unimportant and indeed irrelevant. If you continue to post, and you actually elicit interest from others, then those others will decide whether you are real or not and thus provide the character sheet.

:blink:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"It's borderline, but you were obviously (?) more intent on inciting a response, so I'd put it down to trolling."

The prophecy misread, could have been."

With the post, yes. Not so much with that particular line.

edit: Besides, I was clearly using the synergy bonus for flaming to boost my trolling there. IF I had been doing something like trolling there. Which I clearly wasn't.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

"If enough people try to convince me you are a real poster by rating you, then you get a character sheet."

But how will you know they're not a part of the simulation trying to make you believe I am not? How do you know it's not just a trick of the simulation, trying to get in your mind?

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

My character sheet would be the best ever.  I'd get 5's right across the board.

You're on.

ATTRIBUTES

Intelligence: 5

Chutzpah: 5

Wits: 5

Charisma: 1

Will: 4

Manipulation: 1 (flaming's more his thing)

SKILLS

Artful Dodging: 3

Complaining: 2

Derailing: 4

Esoteric Trivia: 2

Flaming: 3

Flirting: 5

Humor: 5

Kung-Fu: 5

Naysaying: 3

Netiquette: 3

Nitpicking: 4

On-topic: 4

PMing: 5

Rebutting: 5

Spam: 2

Stealth: 2

BACKGROUND

Fame: 4

Respect: 3

Net Access: 5

Spellmar: 4

MERITS/FLAWS

jack of all trades: +4

Now would someone please rate me? Baley you promised!

sig2.gif

How can everyone rate everyone when we haven't established the rating system (i.e. what are the attributes, flaws and merits of a TOMBS player)?

First things first, people (or simulations)!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm just a bit shocked at that specific score, since I thought me and Darkside got along. <_<

Now had Volourn been the one to post that character sheet of mine, I'd have expected all 1's. :o

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I don't think it's a reflection on your comeliness :Darque:

more a statement of how persuasive DarkSide thinks you are.

... in other words she thinks you're a push-over ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm just a bit shocked at that specific score, since I thought me and Darkside got along.  <_<

Now had Volourn been the one to post that character sheet of mine, I'd have expected all 1's.  :o

I'll say publicly what I said in my PM.

Charisma and likeabilitity (I'm still not sure that's a word) are related but different. At least in my book. You don't charm the socks off of people and you don't rely on persuasion, you simply are who you are. I for one admire that.

Who knows though, I might have said otherwise if the memory of you calling me fat wasn't still fresh in my mind. Tact is not your forte is it? :p

sig2.gif

Well, I don't think it's a reflection on your comeliness :Darque:

more a statement of how persuasive DarkSide thinks you are.

... in other words she thinks you're a push-over ...

Meh. I'll wait for Volo or Hades to do mine to see an accurate representation. :o

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)