Boiling Point: Road to hell

I just got this and although I havent come very far it reminds a lot of Deus Ex except nonlinear and much less annoying(you hit what you aim for but the damage is so-so and the basic gun holds only 5 bullets!?). It is a B-league game though, no doubt about it.

Has anyone else tried it? What did you think, is it worth playing?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, I understand the game is virtually unplayable without the 80mb patch. Thats what you get if you have a B-league studio take water above their heads with something like this.

But it seems like it has a lot of potential.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've played it and I've enjoyed it a lot. But it's much closer to Gothic than [insert Bioware title of your own choice here] so you're bound to NOT like it (or even give it a fair chance).

Just uninstall it right now and spare us another thread ranting about how bad your recent purchase is and how good Planescape: Torment was.

Ps. For the ones who do care about these types of games: Deep Shadows are working on a patch to improve the stiff vehicle physics!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just uninstall it right now and spare us another thread ranting about how bad your recent purchase is and how good Planescape: Torment was.

Who's being prejudiced here, really? :p" And thus far, my impression of it is far better than that dodgy pile of generic fantasy lard named Gothic.

The stiffness is a problem though, its quite apparent that the engine isnt exactly top grade.

Boiling Point is well worth a look - a very ambitious game with a lot of interesting ideas, even if Deep Shadows had trouble pulling everything off. The next patch has a pretty cool list of fixes.

I also agree with mkreku -- you won't like it so so just stop playing now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

Boiling Point: Road To Hell patch v2.0

A tiny little patch, only ~197 Mb :-

I am downloading it myself right now, so I haven't been able to try it yet, but the changelog mentions lots of fixes. The best ones are:

"-Car dynamics / helicopter dynamics Cars : better realism when a car hits the

player or the -Non Playable Character, better behaviour of IA in trucks or

cars.

-Car's disappearance"

When you parked a car, it used to just disappear when you walked too far from it. Highly annoying. Apparently the car stays put now. Also, everything had a very stiff feel to it when you drove it, I'm hoping they have fixed that.

But I saved the best change for last though:

"-Shadows of dogs"

No idea what it means, but it was fixed. Yay! :D

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

First an 80mb patch and then a 200mb patch on top of that?! Well, I guess it means that they're trying atleast.

I havent played for very long.

Er, no, I don't. OF COURSE I have never been to any of those flirting chat-thingies. No, no. In fact, my first experience at real-time communication over the internets was at the VtM game run by Ender. Yes, that's it. :lol:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Er, no, I don't. OF COURSE I have never been to any of those flirting chat-thingies. No, no. In fact, my first experience at real-time communication over the internets was at the VtM game run by Ender. Yes, that's it.  :lol:"

I knew that I knew you from some where, it's me, David Vincent, you know, from college. We played VtM together. Oh man, those were the days huh? So what are you up to these days? Still live in that crappy apartment with those cats? Yeah I know how it is. Hey, I'm free right now, you want to grab a cup of coffee or something? My treat. Eh?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

:lol:

You're killing me man. I'd gladly go have some coffee with you, but I really don't have anything to wear. No, I don't have anything to wear to Starbucks. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

:lol:

You're killing me man. I'd gladly go have some coffee with you, but I really don't have anything to wear. No, I don't have anything to wear to Starbucks.  :ph34r:

Yeah, yeah, I should probobly go also, I have that big mailroom job and everything. You know, moving up the corporate ladder one step at a time...

Or should I say, one bar at a time...

Haw haw haw haw haw...

Well, it's been a slice talking to you agian. See you later man.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.