Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

Check your inboxes for the beginning of the Game!

Hello and welcome to the Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2,

(for the attention-starved, emotionally-stunted, cRPG-junkies who also happen to think they have natural Charisma of 18)

Above are all the contact details for the various members of the game. For convenience, I also include them, here:

"JediConsular7" [snip],

"Reveilled" [snip],

"Deraldin" [snip],

"Naughty Nartwak" [snip],

"the pixies rock" [snip],

"DarkSide" [snip],

"Aishur-Rim-Nisheshu" [snip]

JediConsular7 = Turkey

Reveilled = Austria

Deraldin = Germany

Naughty Nartwak = Italy

thepixiesrock = France

DarkSide = Russia

Aishur-Rim-Nisheshu = England

Please use the code: GM OBS-2 in all official correspondence to me.

Also, please not that the importance of placing orders in the EXACT format laid out in the notes (and the previous thread). I am happy to give confidential advice, if necessary, so don't be scared to ask.

You can submit lots of sets of orders: the last set at the deadline are the ones acted on.

Don't cheat with me. (Keep all your diplomacy for the players; after all, Acts of God are not good for any country ... ;) )

Please try to keep the forum thread In Character. The Wikip

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Times of Vienna

January 1, 1901

The Emperor is Dead! Long live the Emperor!

Early this morning, at exactly midnight, Franz Joseph I, The Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary and King of Bohemia died peacefully in his bed. He guided Austria-Hungary through the turbulent latter half of the 19th century, and had many great diplomatic acomplishments. He was a great moral figure, known for his compassionate rule, and today the country mourns his loss. The crown has passed to his thirteen year-old Grand-nephew Karl I, and in accordance with Franz Jospeh I's last will and testament, the recently passed Emperor's distant relative and close friend Archduke Reveilled will act as regent during the Emperor's minority. Archduke Reveilled has promised to foster good relations with the great powers of Europe, and claims he will do his best to avoid any coming war that many diplomats feel is inevitable. He has also extended an invitation to all the leaders of Europe to attend the funeral of Franz Joseph I, to take place on the fourth of January.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Moscow Post

February 3rd, 1901

Emperor Killed in Freak Accident

Russia is in mouring over the loss of its beloved leader, Emperor Nicholas II, who was killed by a falling geranium while watching the sunset from his balcony. Investigators have yet to determine if was a freak accident or an assassination. The person responsible will be executed by a firing squad regardless of their findings.

His wife, Empress Darkside, has stepped forward as leader of Russia until her infant son, Alexandrovich Romanov, is old enough to accept the crown. Taking no time for her own grief, she is working to calm the Russian people in this time of chaos. She has also stated her wish for peaceful relations with other Great Powers in hopes that Europe can find peace in these dark times.

sig2.gif

Psst...Russia had a Czar (or Tsar) and Czarina (or Tsarina) in these times. Like many other titles, it is a derivation of Caesar.

Also, Meta, just in case you should have any questions concerning adjudication, feel free to ask me [and I assume any other player from the first game (excluding Reveilled and Aishur for obvious reasons)].

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Psst...Russia had a Czar (or Tsar) and Czarina (or Tsarina) in these times. Like many other titles, it is a derivation of Caesar.

Also, Meta, just in case you should have any questions concerning adjudication, feel free to ask me [and I assume any other player from the first game (excluding Reveilled and Aishur for obvious reasons)].

Psst...

The title Tsar had been officially abolished in 1721 by Peter the Great, but it was informally used throughout Nicholas's reign.
Informally means newspapers probably wouldn't use it. :wub: I do my homework. But if there's something else (or I interpretted the quote wrong), please let me know.
sig2.gif

So...

Am I supposed to tell some sort of story about how I came into power?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Psst...

The title Tsar had been officially abolished in 1721 by Peter the Great, but it was informally used throughout Nicholas's reign.
Informally means newspapers probably wouldn't use it. :wub: I do my homework. But if there's something else (or I interpretted the quote wrong), please let me know.

Ah, you are correct in that it was formally abolished within Russia. However, I found this quote:

In 1721 Peter I adopted the title Emperor (Император [imperator]), by which he and his heirs were recognised, and which came to be used interchangeably with Tsar.

Thus, I suppose either is acceptable, though the proper equivalent should be Imperator, not Emperor. :(

I find it kind of sad

Am I supposed to tell some sort of story about how I came into power?

ROLE-PLAY:

Also, please not that the importance of placing orders in the EXACT format laid out in the notes (and the previous thread). I am happy to give confidential advice, if necessary, so don't be scared to ask.

You can submit lots of sets of orders: the last set at the deadline are the ones acted on.

Don't cheat with me. (Keep all your diplomacy for the players; after all, Acts of God are not good for any country ...  :( )

Please try to keep the forum thread In Character. The Wikip

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think Ive been stepping on Meta's toes a little here, so until someone asks a general question pertaining to the rules of all games of Diplomacy (and not the house rules of this one in particular), I shall remain quiet.

I find it kind of sad

Earth Times

January 1st 2101

Time Machine Mishap Kills French Third Republic 200 years ago

Scientist acting under a grant from the Word Governing Council created a time machine and accidentally went back to January 1st 1901 and accidentally killed all memebers of the French Third Republic.

Leading scientist Baley Forumspammer had this to say, "Well, I was at the store buying the latest X-Men comic and when I came back, Launch and Kaftan had already went through the time machine. When they came back and I asked them what happened, they just said they accidentally killed some people."

Leading World Council member Jaguar Forever has decided to send a team of leading members of our scientific community, and one oil rig captain, back to take the place of the French Third Republic so no one will know what has happened. This team, lead by Lou Gutman, of Lou Gutman Private Investigators Inc., will insure that all desisions made by the French Third Republic during the past 200 years will remain the same.

The team also includes the likes of Laozin Olastname, Korqel Droma, Launch Chick, Kaftan Barlast, and Ender Wiggin.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Earth Times

January 1st 2101

Time Machine Mishap Kills French Third Republic 200 years ago

Scientist acting under a grant from the Word Governing Council created a time machine and accidentally went back to January 1st 1901 and accidentally killed all memebers of the French Third Republic.

Leading scientist Baley Forumspammer had this to say, "Well, I was at the store buying the latest X-Men comic and when I came back, Launch and Kaftan had already went through the time machine.  When they came back and I asked them what happened, they just said they accidentally killed some people."

Leading World Council member Jaguar Forever has decided to send a team of leading members of our scientific community, and one oil rig captain, back to take the place of the French Third Republic so no one will know what has happened.  This team, lead by Lou Gutman, of Lou Gutman Private Investigators Inc., will insure that all desisions made by the French Third Republic during the past 200 years will remain the same.

The team also includes the likes of Laozin Olastname, Korqel Droma, Launch Chick, Kaftan Barlast, and Ender Wiggin.

I just hope that doesn't mean there are eight people playing France! :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not fair,I help invent the time machine and I'm left behind.

Screw you guys,I'm going home.

Or better yet,I invent a dimensional time machine,I'll rule France from another dimension!

*insert maniacal evil laughter*

Not fair,I help invent the time machine and I'm left behind.

Screw you guys,I'm going home.

Or better yet,I invent a dimensional time machine,I'll rule France from another dimension!

*insert maniacal evil laughter*

Well it was your fault that France's leaders were killed. You should have been babysitting your team. Besides, we need you back in 2101 because of your superior intellect. All of my team are going to stay in france for the rest of thier lives. (Life expectancy is high.)

Time Travel Experiment?

You'll excuse this reporter if he was a little sceptical when he first learned that the our great Emperor William II was murdered, while sketching plans for a large warship, by an assassin from the future. The assassin did reaveal that he was working for a man named Albert Einstein, before he volunteered himself to go back in time to kill the leader of Germany. This Albert Einstein was revealed to be a German scientist working with the other great powers of Europe and has been deemed to traitor to his homeland by those close to the deceased Emperor.

The assassin was heard during the interrogation to have said that his mission was to eliminate the ruler of Germany on the basis of crimes against the jewish people that have yet to be commited. These rumours are slanderous and unfounded for William II has never expressed any negative reactions to the Jewish people. In the opinion of this reporter, the assassin has made a grand mistake in targetting the Emperor of Germany.

As the assassin unfortunatly passed away while held in prison we were unable to follow any leads about a person named Hitler, in connection with the earlier mentioned crimes.

In other news an new Emperor has been chosen for the German people. Emperor Deraldin was appointed earlier today and was unavailable for comment.

Einstein seems to have miscalculated when setting his time machine up prior to C&C Red Alert. :ermm:"

You didn't have to rip-off my whole time travel angle...

You didn't have to rip-off my whole time travel angle...

I knew that someone has used it. I could have sworn it was in the first thread though... Although this would explain why I couldn't find it... :( I had just been playing Red Alert and it seemed like a good idea at the time.