Please join our (Second) Diplomacy Game!

Reveilled

You know, I typed that post up with female pronouns, and then began wondering if Darkside was a woman or not. In the end, I decided to go with the odds and assume she was male (like most forum members). A mistake, apparently. :)

Nart, you've confirmed right?

He hasn't. I haven't seen him on today.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Um, dumb question here but, I don't think you started game 1 a year ago so, how come you're done already?

I thought this game was called Diplomacy, not Insta-MAD. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Damn. I just remembered that in the next weeks I'm going to be switching ISPs. Which means that I could be without 'net access for up to a month and a half since I can't hire the new connection until the old one has been deactivated. I guess I'll have to wait for game 3.

My plans for World Domi... *ahem* I mean, Peace foiled before I could even start! :'(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Um, dumb question here but, I don't think you started game 1 a year ago so, how come you're done already?

I thought this game was called Diplomacy, not Insta-MAD.  :ph34r:

Your right, it was a dumb question. :Darque:

How long would you expect a normal game to last?  In real time, I mean, not game time.

A PBEM game can last several months, as each game year takes about two and a half weeks to play (a week for each of Spring and Fall, and 3-4 days for Winter), and there are several game years (a game could potentially last forever, though that has never happened before). But on the bright side, a postal game usually takes over a year to complete, so it's not so bad. :thumbsup:

We're looking to have simulatenous games going.

(With coded orders, for those competing in both.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, that means two places are now open! I'm sure we can manage to find two more new people.

Any answer from Shadow or Ghost yet, Jags? What about DL? Think this might be her cup of tea?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Me and DL go way back, I'll get her to join.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well, with you, Darkside, and Numbers, that would be three more people.  Of course, we don't have confirmation from a few people, but it looks like we've got our seven people. 

Since Darkside has asked for us not to hold open his her place, though, I'll still count that space as open until she confirms his her intention to play.  I'll hold the others closed unless someone expresses their intention not to play.

So, one space still open!

Thank you, sir. ^_^ But it was the right call for Reveilled. When in doubt, use statistics!

I'm still studying the rules, but I'm definitely interested. Sure why not, count me in. Though I have a feeling I'll become the second person to go in the first round. :ermm:

sig2.gif

Well, with you, Darkside, and Numbers, that would be three more people.  Of course, we don't have confirmation from a few people, but it looks like we've got our seven people. 

Since Darkside has asked for us not to hold open his her place, though, I'll still count that space as open until she confirms his her intention to play.  I'll hold the others closed unless someone expresses their intention not to play.

So, one space still open!

Thank you, sir. ^_^ But it was the right call for Reveilled. When in doubt, use statistics!

I'm still studying the rules, but I'm definitely interested. Sure why not, count me in. Though I have a feeling I'll become the second person to go in the first round. :ermm:

Well, you should be fine unless you are Austria, which you probably will not have to be unless you want to, as that's really the only power that can be eliminated in Year 1 (which I should point out, didn't actually happen in Game 1, as Austria was still held Budapest and had a fleet in Albania at the end of Winter '01).

But that does indeed mean that there is one spot left, and then we'll be able to get down to business.

Oh, and I'll explain how countries are selected once we get that seventh player. :)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

About the Diplomacy game... never really considered playing Revvy and I'm a little surprised you're asking  :lol: 

DL

Well, I'm asking just about everyone I know (and don't hate the guts of) on the board, and I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be suited to the grand old game. Of course, whether the game interests you is a completely different matter to whether I'm interested in you playing. :lol:

Thought I'd bring the conversation over here to avoid giving any excuse to lock the thread to Fionavar the Great :D

In all honesty Revvy, I haven't given it much thought and the nearest I got involved to it was when people were asking for my spymaster services (you know who you are!)

Let me think about it... but don't wait for me... if someone else wants to play then go for it :p

DL

EDIT -

Me and DL go way back, I'll get her to join.

We do? :lol:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

You should play.

Well, by way back I mean from yesterday.

Am I right fellas/ladies? I mean, am I right?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Screw the rules. Those are simple enough.

The real feat in this game is in diplomacy. You have to be more daft cunning than the next person. So far I am really enjoying the game and I imagine that the game would be moving faster if not for one player taking their time.

I wanted France...

I don't really care though....

I'm playing Russia in the other game, and I feel it has a clear advantage and disadvantage.

The advantage is 4 starting units as opposed to 3. The disadvantage is that you share several borders. You are vulnerable to an extent.

If Russia can make allies along some of their borders, they become quite the power.

Damn. I just remembered that in the next weeks I'm going to be switching ISPs. Which means that I could be without 'net access for up to a month and a half since I can't hire the new connection until the old one has been deactivated. I guess I'll have to wait for game 3.

My plans for World Domi... *ahem* I mean, Peace foiled before I could even start! :'(

Noooooooo!

I so would have liked a game with Number Man the Tyra...Peace Lover!

manthing2.jpg

Hey Jag, the party is at my "Best Website Ever" thread. You should totally check it out before it gets locked. But bring your own drinks and music.