An example of good armour...

Lucius

I dont know if anyone laughing at that. In any case, I think its far worse for soldiers to laugh as they use beaten and wounded enemies for target practice. That is just pure and utter sadism.

Not having seen the video I did not realise they were doing that. That is unacceptable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I dont know if anyone laughing at that. In any case, I think its far worse for soldiers to laugh as they use beaten and wounded enemies for target practice. That is just pure and utter sadism.

It certainly looks as though that's what they're doing, but I really would like to see what happened in the run-up to this event before I make my mind up. I wonder if they're being investigated.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think it's important to understand that while it is unacceptable, troops who are suffering the stress of combat are not identically at fault as civilians who machine gun unarmed men. Military discipline demands that they be treated more harshly, but don't think of them in the same way.

It is also important to understand that, without excusing such behaviour, it is a habit of Al Qaeda influenced fighters to not surrender according to the conventions of war. It is very common for them to indicate surrender only to kill soldiers who attempt to take them into custody. As a consequence I think it is understandable that soldiers are unwilling to accept surrender. Illegal, and wrong, but understandable.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So what if they laughed, soldiers have a tendency to enjoy 'wasting' the enemy, no matter from what country they are, no matter in what conflict. The guy in the car was probably criticly wounded and was going to die anyway so they really did him a favour by 'putting him down' with a 120mm 'injection'. Why laugh - please they fire a HEAT and the guy and the car literally 'disappear'. Those people like the guy in the car are killing their comrades every single and they learn to hate and despise them to that point that they are glad when they are killed even in situations that others see as inappropriate.

Luckily we don't know what is like to be engaged in combat in Iraq and how it affects a psyche of an individual and how it certainly changes your perception what is appropriate and what is not. And we, from the safety of a computer screen, have no right what so ever to be judging them.......anyways they were just putting out a fire with a 'controled' explosion :)"

Unfortuantely, combat can warp the minds of even seemingly-moral people. So gunning down an injured soldier during combat may not be something that soldier would do anywhere else. But I do agree it shouldn't be done. Regardless, we must also not forget the way these same people treat our prisoners. (torture, beheadings, etc.) And, of course, the fact that they purposely target civilians as well.

The 120mm shot was huge overkill in any case. The Abrams has two machine guns which could just as easily done the job. Besides HEAT blow chunks of stuff around ...ach it's just daft. If they were Brits they'd get a proper bo*****king from their NCO, just for wasting ammo.

-Elwood Blues

I agree, a gross example of overkill here, and quite the display of arrogance, really. As in "We could just use the machinegun, but we're gonna fire this 120mm HEAT shell and laugh about it instead"

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I get the impression that US units are not properly integrating because they are rotating NCOs and men in and out of country too regularly. Yes they need down time for R & R, but this leaves confused relations at the squad level. Which is a recipe for indiscipline. Maybe 213374U or 11xHooah can correct me.

-Elwood Blues

(w00t)  Wtf is that? Never heard of it.  :D

Don't know either, I came across that while browsing for videos from Iraq, but when I saw it I remembered you so I posted it - anyways I cracked up when I saw that video clip :wub:

Yeah, I wonder who's filming, they sound American though. They trying to make a killing selling that stuff in Iraq? :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

(w00t)  Wtf is that? Never heard of it.  :D

Don't know either, I came across that while browsing for videos from Iraq, but when I saw it I remembered you so I posted it - anyways I cracked up when I saw that video clip :(

Yeah, I wonder who's filming, they sound American though. They trying to make a killing selling that stuff in Iraq? :lol:

Yeah those are Americans, they're probably just making fun of the Iraqi for their 'home' video purposes - or whatever. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Necroposting?! hahahaha Comedy. Well, the thead is still active. If we all play nice, it can go another 35 pages and get into the thread length hall of fame.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You really love necroposting, don't you?

Zing.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You really love necroposting, don't you?

No, I don't really :shifty: ....personally I don't think the last video counts as necroposting - it's too damn funny ;)( the reaction of the soldier, not the eventual death of iraqi insurgents) ......when it comes to other videos I posted here: this thread began with a 'war video' so I thought this thread would be adequate to post other videos regarding the on going conflict. Sure some of those videos are pretty dark, but that's just what war is like.

Pixie - that's just mean man <_<

You know, on second thought, I have to remove that movie. It's clearly violence, which is a no-no under the forum guidelines. The first video, from the first post, shows that the fellow is okay. I'm going to edit out the latest video, but not the references.

...And I believe, although I can't speak for my numbered friend, that he meant that you posted in a very old and "dead" thread. That's thread "necromancy." It didn't have to do with the images in the video.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!