Duke Nukem Forever Being Released

Less systems means less impulse buying too!

To be honest (and humble), I've been pretty happy with my game purchases over the past little bit.

Not many I can think of off the top of my head that I haven't enjoyed....

It's easier to be picky when not being blasted in 4 different directions from quality titles.

Plus my TV sucks.  My monitor is seriously better, and it's just an ordinary 17" CRT :)

I can understand this as well :lol:

I could have bought a new car for all the games I've gotten these past 3 years :p

Because pussies run the gaming industry now.

Not quite. It's not pussies running the industry. It's pussies lobbying against games that are slightly not PC. The people who run the industry are just in that to make money, and they don't want their games bombed because they included features that pussies consider unacceptable.

On a side note, there is a mod to restore the "sex" minigame in VC. But from what I've seen, it was pretty lame.

PS. Darque, quit hijacking every thread into a discussion about RE. :p

I think this is true, especially of the US. (For a start the US has some pretty interesting ideas on what is worthy of an R rating, but that's a side issue.)

Apparently, for example, the vocal minority that complained about the superbowl boob (:p) numbered a few tens of thousands. Also, something like 98% of the complaints all came from a single (extremely conservative Christian extremist) organisation.

So not all US citizens are screwy, there's just a lot of big-mouth numbskulls shooting their opinions off in public. Squeaky wheel and all that ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meh, I still contend that I cannot say whether or not Duke Nukem Forever will be true to the "real" Duke until I at least see the game in action.

And even then, I likely won't care as long as it's a fun game.

Apparently, for example, the vocal minority that complained about the superbowl boob (:p) numbered a few tens of thousands. Also, something like 98% of the complaints all came from a single (extremely conservative Christian extremist) organisation.

So not all US citizens are screwy, there's just a lot of big mouth numbskulls shooting their opinions off in public. Squeaky wheel and all that ...

This is exactly the kind of crap that makes us Europeans laugh at you Yanks behind your backs. You seriously need to deal with those kinds of wackos.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

It's a function of an imbalance in the reporting of minorities in the media. A democracy requires that minorities are represented, and that they aren't drowned out, just because they are a minority. However, they should be drowned out because they're stupid (technical term).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Prey has a lot more chances at both critical and commercial succes.

I like Duke.

I don't really like FPS Duke.

The arcade games will always come first for me.

He's kind of outdated these days. He's a very 80's character.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You're not getting the whole deconstructionalistic leitmotif; it's all about mocking the stereotypes of other games, sending them up with pinpoint accurate black satire ... ;)"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You're not getting the whole deconstructionalistic leitmotif; it's all about mocking the stereotypes of other games, sending them up with pinpoint accurate black satire ... ;)"

Except everything has moved on while they have been making the game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guest Fishboot

I think Duke has a great place these days, since the FPS genre has definitely taken a turn for the serious and weighty lately. The genre needs a good parody.