Police evacuate Birmingham centre

Diogo Ribeiro

Police in Birmingham are evacuating large parts of the city centre.

Earlier they issued a warning they had received intelligence suggesting a threat to the area.

"Our response needs to be proportionate in the action we're taking and in informing the public," a spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said.

Police are now closing down the Birmingham Broad street entertainment zone and asking people to go home. A statement will be released shortly.

"It's quite tense," said BBC journalist Toby Brown.

"An air of urgency has been injected into the proceedings. Many people obviously don't know where to go."

No vehicles were being allowed to be moved, he added, while helicopters had been hovering overhead since around 2000 BST.

Birmingham resident Kenneth Kelsall told the BBC: "There is a lot of confusion, there appears to be no chance of anyone moving back into the city - but people are remaining quiet."

Source

Uh oh....

Its more than rare for terrorists to attack two targets in the same country within such a short timespace, its actually never happened before. The people in Birmingham are 99% safe.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "