kotor 2 restoration WIP

I don't know if it officialyl constitutes cut content, but I don't hear people talking about the whole Atris story much. I feel something was missing there.

It never felt complete or explained. One moment she is a LS Jedi. The next she is attacking me, and I somewhat inferred later the she studied Sith holocrons and was seduced somewhere along the line.

Was that really jarring for anyone else?

Yeah...I was hoping for a bit more from her, especially seeing as you seemed to have quite the history with her from before the game.

Even if it was just an opportunity to get your original lightsaber back :p

Really? I don't remember that. Even then!!!!!

In unrelated news, Fionavar seems to be back. Oddly enough, he feels some threads need to be taken care of :p

He's taking it quite well though. I was expecting a healthy amount of :rawrs: when he came back :p

He deleted a brand new thread as soon as I posted it, and I didn't really feel it was spam, but oh well. I think he's just on a cleaning rampage. I was just trying to spark conversation as this board seems somewhat devoid of it lately.

Back on topic, I wonder if the Restoration crew has any intention of updating Atris.

I suspect the biggest "challenge" would be dialogue...particularly the voice.

Although I would probably be happy if even Aurora did it. It could even be silent for all I care, if the content is still good.

He deleted a brand new thread as soon as I posted it, and I didn't really feel it was spam, but oh well.  I think he's just on a cleaning rampage.  I was just trying to spark conversation as this board seems somewhat devoid of it lately.

Maybe summer vacation's over in Canada ? :lol:"

The oversized green gecko is definitely there with the big broom, but then, with no official announcements regarding project New Jersey, people seems to get easily distracted :)

For lack of new "discussable" topics, the TSL restoration project is probably one of the more interesting (and related to this forum) things going on :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why did they move again?  I asked before but I cannot remember :)

I remember when you asked before, and I remember the answer, because I'd been wondering the same thing. Apparently it was for publicity/advertising - more people visit the Bioware boards. I think it's a shame - it would have been easy enough to post a link on the Bioware boards directing people here. I don't much like those boards - too slow and the presentation is too crowded.

I don't think the restoration team plan anything about Atris. As I recall, Obsidian at one point had some interesting plans for her, but if these were dropped early in the development process there won't be enough shards on the discs to restore.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I would have liked to have seen Atris as a potential ally...even if purely as a NPC that wasn't part of your party, but you saw in action at other places.

Of course only when you convinced her the true path of the Jedi :)

There were screenshots of a DS looking Atris, and one of the devs commented that that was originally going to be the Atris that you faced depending on your alignment (I forget exactly which alignment).

As for why Atris turned, I kinda understood that she had turned already but was just in denial (sorta like Anakin denying he was going DS) until Kreia "showed" her she was.

Atris had been collecting Sith Holocrons and learned various Sith teachings, and probably was either not strong enough, or too filled with anger (look how she reacts to the Exile) to control turning to the DS.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

We haven't found anything related to Atris to restore, sorry. There's pretty much just her Evil Queen From Snow White costume, which we considered restoring. However, people on the boards said they preferred her regular three-inches-of-foundation look, so we're sticking with that.

I suspect the biggest "challenge" would be dialogue...particularly the voice.

Although I would probably be happy if even Aurora did it.  It could even be silent for all I care, if the content is still good.

What do you mean *even*? >_<

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I really wonder how the PC didn't notice that Atris (who is openly hostile and say's the Sith will be following you) was the one posting EXILE IS HERE NOW on the coreward databanks, and how he couldn't notice that Kreia was evil... But Kudos to TSLRP, you got in Game informer YAY.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.