Ratio of console sales to PC

Been really busy. My ToDo list goes from long to short in cycles.

As far as official sources go, I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I believe you have to pay huge subscriptions to some industry tracking service to have direct access to the numbers. But then the numbers tend to get leaked out to various forums eventually too, a month or two later.

I only know what we've been told internally, myself. :huh:

-Akari

Akari I have a question. Are you interested in any way in the work of Aurora Restoration Team? If you have a free time would you help them on their project with good-hearted advice or classified game engine info?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well, I imagine that since he's "been really busy lately," he's not going to have much time for the restoration project.

Although it would be neat to hear what he thought about such things.

Maybe he considers it a blight against all of his hard work and will seek ways to take care of the team.......permanently! :ph34r:

Allan, the ninja with a shuriken in the head, to the rescue! :huh:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes yes, deception and all that. How could I forget????

Although more seriously, I wonder how much designers "value" (so to speak) their art. I heard that the guys at Valve didn't want to upgrade the models or anything for the Half-Life: Source release for artistic reasons.

Now that's a nifty idea. I vote for.

Our lives must be really boring when there's a smilie for bukkake, me and a board ninja.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

If they eliminated every single post on this board that contained a smiley, Darque's post count would be down to single digits.

:huh:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What's your smiley Mus?

:huh: It should be named :wang:

kirottu said:

Akari I have a question. Are you interested in any way in the work of Aurora Restoration Team? If you have a free time would you help them on their project with good-hearted advice or classified game engine info?

I can't speak for the company as a whole, but here's my thoughts.

Personally, I think it's awesome when people take enough interest in something I've worked on that they want to put some of their OWN time into bettering it. I take it as a compliment when I see multiples of people coming together to invest hard work and hours into shaping aspects of a project I am no longer able to improve upon myself.

When I started to see fanart of KotOR2 characters, cosplayers at cons dressing up at conventions of the same characters, or deeply thought out analysis of the content of KotOR2, I was humbly honored that something I slaved over for a little over a year of my life had served as an inspiration to creative people out there. I didn't come up with those characters, nor write their dialogues, but at least I was able to help program the systems in which those characters would be shared with the world.

KotOR2 was my first shipped title after having worked on 2 previously cancelled games (BG3 and Fallout3), so the experience of witnessing people take such strong interest in what KotOR2 contained in terms of characters and story was a first for me.

I am definitely interested in seeing what comes out of the Restoration project's efforts. There isn't a lot I can do to help them, since it just so happens that the areas of the game that I spent most of my time on are probably not areas that they would actually have questions about.

One thing that I really like about working on NWN2 now is that the end product is INTENDED to be modded, toyed with, tweaked, and adjusted by the end-user. Unlike KotOR2 where modders have to jump through hoops to implement changes, NWN2 is a chance to deliver a fun self-contained game that also allows creative individuals to create their own content.

-Akari

Yaaaaaay!!! :D :D I just felt like cheering when I read this.

Akari, you're a hero. Thanks for your generous words, and please come back to the forums more often. :sorcerer: (And good luck with NWN2)

I'm going to go and calm down now.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I share Steve's cheerfulness. Thanks Akari.

kirottu said:

Thank you for nice answer Akari. :)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I am definitely interested in seeing what comes out of the Restoration project's efforts.  There isn't a lot I can do to help them, since it just so happens that the areas of the game that I spent most of my time on are probably not areas that they would actually have questions about. 

-Akari

In other words I've got nothing to do with the endings :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]